All I can say is Wow. Your photos and poetry go together so well. I'm trying to use an inexpensive point shoot camera, to see if I might buy a good point and shoot. I would like to have a good pocket camera.
It is odd here to see so many flowers still with the trees already changing colors. This is my first fall here in KC, so I don't know when the peak of fall color will be.
Seeing the roses, and other flowers, go away is always a heart of sorrow... and love, b/c we know they'll be coming back in a few months. Keeps us moving along...
LOVELY... *sigh*... We're enjoying the last of bloom, salads from the garden and much more as the autumn season kicks in some things are going fast! Happy Day, Susan ((HUGS))
Hi--you have some beautiful photography and writing. Can't believe it is fall--and the last rose of summer. Where did the time go and how do we slow it down?
You have such a short summer where you are.....I imagine it helps you savor all the sweetness while it blossoms. Thanks for sharing the beauty, Jennifer
31 comments:
The last two nights of frost took care of our flowers.
Gosh, I think this may be a song, too. And this really DOES look like a last rose! Yours?
There is something achingly beautiful about this- I'm both happy to see how you've captured it- and unready to fully acknowledge it.
All I can say is Wow. Your photos and poetry go together so well. I'm trying to use an inexpensive point shoot camera, to see if I might buy a good point and shoot. I would like to have a good pocket camera.
It is odd here to see so many flowers still with the trees already changing colors. This is my first fall here in KC, so I don't know when the peak of fall color will be.
Wonderful poem, every year brings "a last rose" of the season.
Seeing the roses, and other flowers, go away is always a heart of sorrow... and love, b/c we know they'll be coming back in a few months. Keeps us moving along...
Very beautiful. Wishing you a nice weekend.
She looks good for a late bloomer.
Some of those late blooming roses are often very beautiful,as this picture shows.
You are right...they are fading fast. Another whole collection of colors are about to come on the scene :)
Thank goodness for late blooming roses...They take us right up to the fall.....Beautiful shot
Kinda sad for her....alone and beautiful..I am glad you noticed her.
I love the golden hints in the background.
So Beautiful...
Hugs~
Rebirth occurs in the spring. That's something to look forward to.
LOVELY... *sigh*... We're enjoying the last of bloom, salads from the garden and much more as the autumn season kicks in some things are going fast! Happy Day, Susan ((HUGS))
I clicked and read the poem and realized it is a song, now i a listening to it on youtube. so beautiful,
Mine are slowly fading off the bush- I thought the last little fling was it, but the three inches of rain we just got brought out more blooms.
Yup - all the roses are gone here! :(
xo Catherine
Hi--you have some beautiful photography and writing. Can't believe it is fall--and the last rose of summer. Where did the time go and how do we slow it down?
Ah, the realization can make one a little melancholy. The quote can be seen as a personification for many.
Our climbing rose has also decided to put out one more burst of bloom.
Lovely.
Sad for those that do inhabit this bleak world alone.
I have a photo that looks almost exactly like that one from a few years ago....the roses fade but the photos and memories remain.
You have such a short summer
where you are.....I imagine it helps you savor all the sweetness
while it blossoms.
Thanks for sharing the beauty,
Jennifer
I hope those last buds open for you. We are having unusually mild weather for the time of year and the clematis is still flowering.
I'm so sad for the summer to go, but have really enjoyed our September weather here this year. Just beautiful!
This is stunning.
The lighting in this really speaks to me.
Lovely...all of it. xox
who knew defiance lives in a pink rose?
purty.
Post a Comment