is the name
of this
particular sedum
the color will continue
to deepen until we have a
hard frost and then the birds
will enjoy the seeds throughout
the winter months
* * *
"Behold congenial Autumn comes,
the Sabbath of the Year."
the Sabbath of the Year."
John Logan
1748 - 1788
* * *
September 22, 2013
the first day of autumn
27 comments:
Your lovely Sedom plant is aptly named!
It is lovely!!
so this lovely plant is beautiful and also a food source. hope one of your birds flys down here and drops a seed in our yard.
Such pretty pics. I have a blog friend whose daughter is named Autumn Joy!
We change our seasons on the 1st of the month. Spring is all but done in our garden.
Do enjoy Autumn, it is such a warm, golden time of year I think.
The pale red and the green begin to hint of Christmas.
Lovely plant- I do not have any fall flowers planted, so I always enjoy seeing what others have. Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful. I love the rich colour.The one I had was a pale pink and din't grow well for me.
I didn't know the birds ate the seeds. Thanks for the info. I won't chop my sedum down until next spring.
so pretty and food for the birds, i had no idea!!
I was never a huge an of sedum, Susan, but you sure changed my mind here! These are gorgeous!!
Wonderful color! Happy Autumn!
Our Autumn joy is also really changing. Such a pretty plant. Great photo!
This is just lovely.
A lovely treat for the birds to look forward to - love it!
xo Catherine
I really liked fall when i lived in the midwest.
Guess I should stop mowing the sedum we have growing wild in the field out front - perhaps it'll turn out as nice as yours.
Apt quote.
A beautiful sedum that's well-named. Have a good week, Susan.
Hello Susan, thank you for letting me know the name of these beauties. I've got lots of those in my garden and never new their name. Mistery solved here.
Hugs and happy week to you and yours.
Dagmar
Such an aptly named plant -- lovely images Susan.
It sure is beautiful. The name suits it well..
Hugs~
So beautiful. Quiet, don't you think? I hadn't thought about the birds utilizing the seeds through the winter. I will definitely need to plant some!
such detailed little flowers. beautiful!
I love Autumn joy
and think it aptly named:)
Grateful for the gentle way
you see and share,
Jennifer
Beautiful!
We have some really neat ones in our back yard...and expanding around a bit ... so I should take photos and send to you. Yours is great... I always love these plants/flowers.
This is a new plant for me. The thoughts are sweet. xox
Post a Comment