Thursday, September 19, 2013

A New Day ~

may your day
be colored with love
*  *  *
But let us, who are of the day,
 be sober, putting on the
 breastplate of faith and love;
 and for an helmet,
 the hope of salvation.
1 Thess. 5:8
*  *  *
"'Tis always morning
somewhere in the world."
 
 
 

20 comments:

rjerdee said...

A counterpoint to Jimmy Buffet's idea that "it's always 5 o'clock somewhere..." I like this morning one better :)

Kerri Farley said...

LOVELY!!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

the quote is very comforting to me since i am a morning person.. and that sky is gorgeous with a promise of a new day

Karen said...

Susan, Thank you for this quote and Bible verse. I love that thought that it's always morning somewhere. When my child died, the Hospice chaplain said to me, "It's always Resurrection Morning in Heaven."

Muffy's Marks said...

Oh the gifts we are given!!

Carolynn Anctil said...

This quote reminds me of another, author unknown, that I like too:

"The sun is always shining above the clouds"

Blessings,
Carolynn

Valerie Kamikubo said...

The sun's not up yet in my part of the world, but it's definitely morning (at least according to my alarm clock). Your sky looks like an oil painting.

caryjo said...

Yes, it is. And, usually, I look forward to it here or want to know how it is "there". Love the clouds, the light, the drawn-to-God portion of that beginning of the day.

Blessings...

Ruth Hiebert said...

Always morning somewhere. Those are good words to remember when it seems like the night of life will never end. Thanks for sharing this lovely picture and words.

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely quote (I've never seen before) and your photo is a perfect partner.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The cloud is gorgeous!!!

Debby Ray said...

Have you been getting much rain? Our skies here in NC have been like a rainbow for the past several nights...which usually means the next day will be beautiful...and they have! I will drop whatever I'm doing to to go look at a beautiful sky...even if means getting in my car IN MY NIGHT GOWN just to drive to where I can get a glimpse! Call me crazy!

Debbie said...

such a beautiful image and lovely words for all of us to remember!!

Dea Moore said...

Oh, the morning...it rolls into the day and the sun slips silently to wake up our neighbors just beyond our seeing.. thank you for this beauty sweet Susan..

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture !
Beautiful words !

I'm happy to find your lovely blog.
Best regards from Sarajevo

Anonymous said...

Right now...it's morning here. :-)
This is the day...

Relyn Lawson said...

colored with love...

Yes.

You, too, my friend.

Linda P said...

God's love is new every morning great is His faithfulness. Blessings as you begin a new day, Susan.

S. Etole said...

Doronette, do you have a link for your blog? I can't find a way to access it. Thanks for your visit here.

cristie said...

Hard to imagine. Lovely colors. xox