Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Transition ~


 "It gives one a sudden start in 
going down a barren, stony street,
to see upon a narrow strip of grass,
just within the iron fence, the radiant dandelion,
shining in the grass, like a spark dropped from the sun."
Henry Ward Beecher
*  *  *
The grass withers
the flower fades
but the word of our 
 God lives forever.
Isaiah 40:8

21 comments:

Patricia said...

Lovely captures, Susan. You know I'm partial to wildflowers. I posted that verse on Sunday and we discussed it in Bible study this morning.

Anonymous said...

maybe the butter bunny left 'em.

Anonymous said...

i like dandelions so much better when they are ready to be blown away.

Muffy's Marks said...

The life cycle of a dandelion!!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Yes, His word does live forever!

Ginny Hartzler said...

A spark dropped from the sun YES YES I LOVE it, this is the way I feel about them! Sunny harbingers of spring. And your comparison pictures, so lovely...paired with just a beautiful bible verse.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

They're like little miracles.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am glad that you see the beauty in this oft despised flower.

Dea Moore said...

Walked a garden path a few weeks ago where the "weeds" were labeled right along with the trees and flowers. I loved that and I love this.

Susan said...

Lovely photos Susan.

Linda said...

We used to pull them up when they invaded the front lawn, but they really are quite pretty. Besides, I always love making a wish :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nicemouse said...

What a lovely verse for this posting. Thank you for sharing.

Joan Elizabeth said...

Dandelions are weed we tolerate ... perhaps because they are pretty. I like the paired shot.

Lisa Gordon said...

And to think that some (many!) people consider these to be weeds. Not sure why, because they are really beautiful, as you have so wonderfully shown here, Susan!

Happy day to you!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos, Susan. As a kid, I made lots of wishes with these!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i can't decide which i like best the yellow which i love to see in a field or the white which i love to pick and blow to make more of them. beautiful life cycle

SimplyDarlene said...

we've been studying the weed, the seed and the soils... these images capture the beauty that is God, don't they?

and that quote is dandy! ;-)

blessings.

Vicky said...

"a spark dropped from the sun," love that. Just need the sun to return now :) Love that scripture too~

Unknown said...

I loved the Dandelions.They look gorgeous.I persuade you for your pictures.

Twitter manager Australia

caryjo said...

And I'm glad/rejoicing that it WILL last forever. Nothing else can count forever.