"She turned to the sunlight
and shook her yellow head,
and whispered to her neighbor:
'winter is dead'."
A.A. Milne
and shook her yellow head,
and whispered to her neighbor:
'winter is dead'."
A.A. Milne
When We Were Very Young
* * *
the first daffodil
of the season


35 comments:
Oh Susan...again, you are so talented with that camera...what breathtaking beauty this morning, and one of my favorite flowers, along with that quote which is perfect! Thank you. Love your header too.
I think here, as well!!! It has been receded by four days of rain and flooding. So here, spring has come in with a woosh!!
Wonderful!
so happy to hear spring found you and that quote is really beautiful and one i have not heard before.
Great to see your daffodil! and love the header!
Finally! We had a spring snow down here in the South last weekend :) The daffodils have long since bloomed here but now I am enjoying azaleas :)
I just love that comment "she shook her yellow head and said winter is dead" I shake my yellow head and agree
Helen x
Beautiful, and your blogheader is very pretty too.
Yea.. Spring is here. Such pretty photos..
Hugs~
pretty pics. Glad spring has arrived.
Awww...where you found this I don't know, but I love it!
Wonderful (spring) light on the daffodil. Delightful verse.
How very exciting. The daffodils always bring joy to the spring garden.
DAZZLING images, Susan! Blooms at last! We had no daffodils come up this year. But tulips are in leaf--so those soon. The spring has been so slow to show herself, each leaf is exciting! Happy Weekend ((HUGS))
Hooray!!!!
Happy weekend!
xo Catherine
The first of many, I hope!
glad spring is finally greeting you.
Oh that verse if just perfect! And I am so thankful the flowers have arrived- we're still waiting but I do see a hint of buds on the trees at least :)
beautiful colours & composition....lovely!
I am glad spring is here also...but it is so late I am worried Mother Nature will let her leave all too soon and then we will have the hot, hot summer to contend with!
Trying again.. This new way of commenting NOT on my computer. You are the first one.
Like the daffodils!
And all God's children said, "Amen!"
Oh my goodness what a long wait you have had. Onwards and upwards. May your days be long and sunny from now on.
yahooooooooo!
i'm so so SO happy for you,
oh patient one.
that daffodil is like an angel from heaven pulling back the dark gray of winter
and singing songs of light:)
whoooopppeeeee:)
-Jennifer
and i know you're THRILLED to see spring come alive!
Yeah!!!!! I wish we could grow daffodils down here, but I did buy a small bunch for our dining table shortly after somebody's season began...somewhere!! We are getting much needed rain here in South Texas today and it looks and feels so very good.
I love the A.A. Milne quote. Winnie the Pooh and the others had, and still have, so much wisdom for me!
Caring through Christ, ~ linda
Lovely! A Woo-Hoo!:>)
So wonderful to have had the shift in seasons, only to be attacked yesterday with sleet and snow. My poor tulips and daffodils went into shock. But...it's coming. It is coming indeed:).
Yes! It's here... It's here! Spring is finally here. Farmers are in the fields at last.
What a beauty!
spunky daffodil.
Oh my goodness yay and hooray! Not complaining about the 90s this afternoon either!
what a pairing of images with that quote! so terrifical.
blessings.
Ha! Love the words.
darling verse. xox
Post a Comment