Thursday, May 30, 2013

Definition ~

photograph, n.
 "A picture painted by the sun without instruction in art.”
Ambrose Bierce 1842-1913
*  *  *

20 comments:

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Sometimes a black and white photo says it better. This is beautiful, Susan.

Breathtaking said...

You just know these flowers are in a cool and fresh place.Lovely Black and White photo.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

the perfect "lightshow" by God and your camera... so beautiful...and i love it in black and white, proves the sunshine looks great in black and white to

Anonymous said...

Very striking photo.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

nice sun painting...

Dea Moore said...

We take that giant star for granted don't we? Thank you Lord for the sun and giving the day.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I don't know how you managed this, but the effect is strikingly beautiful! I could see it hanging on a museum wall.

Ms. Becky said...

this just glows with lovely. happy day to you Susan.

Tracy said...

STUNNING floral portrait, Susan! It's great to visit here with you. I've been away from the computer. We're just back from a little vacation. :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Joan Elizabeth said...

What a great shot.

Lisa Gordon said...

Wow! This is really wonderful in black and white, Susan.

Have a fantastic weekend!

ju-north said...

Truly lovely!

Hazel said...

I love colour, but the monochrome language you have used for this flower portrait is utterly beautiful.

Your eye blesses me!

Carol Garvin said...

Wonderful photo, Susan! I love the interplay of shadows and light. It's especially effective in black and white. And that 'definition' of Bierce's is bang on. :)

Susan said...

Wonderful Susan!

Dawning Inspiration said...

So pretty.... and I love your header!

Anonymous said...

I love the light in your photot! Pretty!
xo Catherine

Jennifer Richardson said...

brilliant:)
thank you,
Jennifer

caryjo said...

"Creative", as usual.

Love...