Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Awaiting Sunrise ~


"The nearer the dawn the darker the night."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
*  *  *
Awake, my glory (my inner self);
 awake, harp and lyre!
 I will awake right early [I will awaken the dawn]!
Psalm 57:8
*  *  *
 

31 comments:

Gayle said...

Look at the beauty that is also there waiting...

IanH said...

Nice effect!

Anita Johnson said...

The trees look like stained glass windows, beautiful!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful scenes.

Dea Moore said...

Oh beautiful morning! Awake my soul awake.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful day - just makes me smile!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Just beautiful, and with a lacy frame!

Anonymous said...

the sun is a welcome sight.

Joan Elizabeth said...

What lovely contrasts. I go to bed too late to see dawn very often, but it is much easier to do so at the moment at our days get shorter and shorter.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

stunning sunrise, my favorite time of the day

Muffy's Marks said...

"The darkest part is just before dawn" Love early morning, especially if I can be in solitude for a while!!

Marcie said...

Such exquisitely beautiful..extraordinary morning light!

rjerdee said...

Simple beauties await us every day in spite of all the ugliness man creates.

Sandy K. said...

Beautiful. I love to see the colors dance across the sky at sunrise, and sunset as well. Thank you for the beauty.

Maureen said...

That Longfellow quote is so thought-provoking, and beautiful in its implications.

Breathtaking said...

Really beautiful images. How nice that you are able to see the sunrise. We see the sunset every evening but not sunrise. When I rise I see the moon!

Jennifer Richardson said...

thanks for stirring
the awake
in me:)
-Jennifer

Debbie said...

so pretty and so comforting!! my favorite time of the day!!

Susan said...

Just beautiful Susan

Linda said...

This is what I labored to capture with words Susie. I didn't come close. It is indescribably magnificent.

Lisa said...

Just go very gorgeous.
The words are beautiful.
So happy to see you stop by

Connie Smiley said...

So beautiful, and I love the verse you've selected.

Rick said...

Gorgeous, Susan - I don't get to see many of these.

Anonymous said...

that first one is so beautiful!

ju-north said...

This is the day that the Lord has made ..... Beautiful!

Lisa Gordon said...

So worth rising early for.
These are just beautiful, and how fortunate you were to be able to capture them.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Our Southern California dawns have been mostly cloud covered these past several days, which makes for rather dreary mornings. Thanks for these sunlit glimpses!

Steve Gravano said...

Beautiful Susan!

Linda P said...

Waiting for the moment when the sun comes up over the horizon and witnessing the glory of the light stirs up hope and a fresh awareness of renewal. A beautiful sight, Susan.

Anonymous said...

So pretty!
xo C

caryjo said...

I probably said something on FB about how neat this is, but couldn't NOT pass it on here, too. Love it, to say the least!