I was so excited to see this
sweet little Scarlet Tanager at the
bird feeder as they usually remain in the
woods where you might see a flash of red now and then.
* * *
"Again I resume the long lesson:
how small a thing can be pleasing, how little in
this hard world it takes to satisfy the mind
and bring it to its rest.”
and bring it to its rest.”
Wendell Berry, Sabbaths




24 comments:
He is BEAUTIFUL, and on Memorial Day weekend as well. Thanks so much for sharing, I have never seen a real one.
He (or she??) couldn't resist coming out of the woods to partake in the generous hospitality being offered. What a special blessing to capture this beauty.
Dea, it is a male. The females are a yellowish/green color.
What an absolutely beautiful bird. Gorgeous capture!!!
I can't count the times i have read in a book, the flash of a scarlet tanager in the woods. i have never seen one and this guy is just gorgeous. the color is magnificent. thanks for sharing him with us
What a blessing to behold such beauty and to capture a photo to share with us.
How you managed to capture such intense color I don't know. Beautiful photos of a gorgeous bird.
Oh my goodness! What a beautiful bird. I have only seen one at the very top of a large tree and that was years ago.
What a treat to see this beauty!!
xo Catherine
this is a pleasure
Wonderful. At this time of year I watch and hope to see a flash of red from the Red Robin. There is nothing like red for putting on a show.
Rare and exciting!
Wow! What a beauty!:>)
Oh my, what a beautiful bird. Aren't Gods creations wonderful!
Oh my goodness, he is so gorgeous! Lucky you. I've yet to see one!
WoW, what a gorgeous bird and beautiful images!! What an exciting sighting!!
What a gift to see that up so close! Love them.
Wow! That's a beautiful bird!
Oh, I love that quote! The beauty of your photography always captures my eye... and your quotes capture my ears! = )
I have never seen one of these.
What a gorgeous bird!!
I have never heard of these. What a vivid scarlet and what a sweet face. He looks like a cartoon bird.
Oh, that color. Indeed, Susan, a moment from God. I'm so blessed to share in these moments with you and others. Straight from God, it always feels like. He creates the opportunity and then prompts you to capture His glory, like in that sunset below. You are a faithful servant, Susan! Thank you.
The only colorful birds we see round here are the cardinals. These are a delight.
What a blessing you had, the timing perfect.
Made me rejoice right along with you... even though I'm later than you. Hope I can see it again when visiting next week.
Post a Comment