as I lay in bed last night it suddenly occurred to me that I had sensitive plants outdoors still and the temps were supposed to take a dip. I let it go, hoping that all would be well and it was. we had no frost! I agree, the frost on the petals is beautiful. happy day to you Susan.
Are these zinnias? Because I recently took some pictures of these flowers, they seem to have a cone in the middle though. Is that where they have lost their petals? A sad sight to see flowers like this...
oh my, frost in Sept. we are at 95 right now and our cool temps are in the am we wake up to 72 to 74 which is great. no frost down here. in 27 years here, we have seen 2 frost and they were not here for long. but it is getting dark by 7:30 here and that is new.
I think they are strangely beautiful in spite of the frost. It was 100+ here yesterday, but a little cooler today; I can't imagine having frost already!
Thank you for your visit. It is how I found you here, and I am so glad I did! What a beautiful blog you have. We have not had our first frost yet, but it is probably just around the corner.
Wow! A frost?! I just discovered a wilted plant that I'd forgotten to water because I didn't realize it was getting that hot in that spot now that I'm inside at school all day! Okay, no more complaining from me about it being too hot--I'm not ready for frost in Ohio yet! Great sense of humor, Susie--freeze dried. Big grin on my face. :>]
Lovely frost-touched blooms, Susan. No frost here, but the annuals are tottering into that blowzy end-of-the-summer look. The perennials are tired, too... ready to call it a night for another season. I always like seeing the first frost on the lawns, and I'm sure it won't be long before it happens.
Frost already??!! I think you beat us to it here in the far north even... ;o) The alchemy of frost and flowers is beautiful...loving this softness... Happy Weekend, Susan ((HUGS))
oh, dear... it's hard to imagine, really, with temps here still in the 80's. but that's about 10 degrees cooler than normal for this time of year, and that usually signifies cooler weather up north...
32 comments:
as I lay in bed last night it suddenly occurred to me that I had sensitive plants outdoors still and the temps were supposed to take a dip. I let it go, hoping that all would be well and it was. we had no frost! I agree, the frost on the petals is beautiful. happy day to you Susan.
Are these zinnias? Because I recently took some pictures of these flowers, they seem to have a cone in the middle though. Is that where they have lost their petals? A sad sight to see flowers like this...
I visited another blogger in MN who had frost. For us, it will be mid Nov.
You do get early frosts. The flowers have an eery beauty, as if they'd been dipped in some kind of preservative.
Even though we don't want those early frosts,but they do give some special beauty to the flowers,even if only for a short time.
Yes, Ginny, they are zinnias.
so soon? well, autumn and winter will bring their own beauty as summer fades into memory.
I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. Even in Southern California where we really don't get to experience it, autumn is my favorite season.
Oh oh ~ yup ~ this sadly looks very familiar this morning. :(
xo Catherine
oh my, frost in Sept. we are at 95 right now and our cool temps are in the am we wake up to 72 to 74 which is great. no frost down here. in 27 years here, we have seen 2 frost and they were not here for long. but it is getting dark by 7:30 here and that is new.
I think they are strangely beautiful in spite of the frost. It was 100+ here yesterday, but a little cooler today; I can't imagine having frost already!
Found you through the high calling.. i love this.. just had such peace in the post..
Thank you for your visit. It is how I found you here, and I am so glad I did! What a beautiful blog you have. We have not had our first frost yet, but it is probably just around the corner.
Your photography is wonderful!
Sending you wishes for a wonderful evening!
lisa.
Wow! A frost?! I just discovered a wilted plant that I'd forgotten to water because I didn't realize it was getting that hot in that spot now that I'm inside at school all day! Okay, no more complaining from me about it being too hot--I'm not ready for frost in Ohio yet!
Great sense of humor, Susie--freeze dried. Big grin on my face. :>]
Oh no!!! That means winter is on the way! Ugh!
But I love your beautiful photo today.
You have SUCH a gift in photographing and pairing what you capture with perfect quotes!
I have to admit: I am not ready for frost! Or cold! Or snow!
Summer! Don't leave me!
they really are beautiful in their own way. the faded colour and they seem softer too.
Through frost's sheen their sensitive light is so much softer and gentler.
Quite lovely.
And we haven't had frost yet either.
Lovely frost-touched blooms, Susan. No frost here, but the annuals are tottering into that blowzy end-of-the-summer look. The perennials are tired, too... ready to call it a night for another season. I always like seeing the first frost on the lawns, and I'm sure it won't be long before it happens.
Beautiful zinnias touched by frost - a lovely post and a quote that I'm going to look up.
Frost already??!! I think you beat us to it here in the far north even... ;o) The alchemy of frost and flowers is beautiful...loving this softness... Happy Weekend, Susan ((HUGS))
Lovely zinnias no matter of frost and always impressive photos of yours...
Even in a frozen moment you can capture the beauty. xo
Oh the softness and the muted tones, truly they are just past their glory and yet ever so elegant all the same.
Oh, that's how I feel about fall...the killing, the death...the saddest season of the year.
I think we had a little frost too, but we are still pretty much intact. Pictures are wonderful...thanks!
oh, dear... it's hard to imagine, really, with temps here still in the 80's. but that's about 10 degrees cooler than normal for this time of year, and that usually signifies cooler weather up north...
So early! It makes your zinnias look like enamelled metals.
oh how beautiful
...the frost feels so hopeful
this year.
grateful I am.
-Jennifer
we had an early frost too, so sad the flowers are gone now, except the ones close to the house that cling on
Oooh, iced zinnias. Everything is beautiful in its own way.
It seemed much too soon, Susan. But this year's weather just keeps surprising me.
Post a Comment