Monday, September 19, 2011

Lines of Communication ~

I really shouldn't
say this
 so don't tell
anyone
{click to enlarge}
"you cannot stop people's tongues,
and therefore
the best thing to do
is to stop your own ears
and never mind
what is spoken."
Charles Haddon Spurgeon

34 comments:

Sandra Heska King said...

Oh, this is a good one with the lines and all.

Reminds me of saying I'm just telling you this so we can pray...

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos!

Enjoy your Monday.

Unknown said...

Moooooo

:)

Anonymous said...

next time someone starts to gossip, i will plug my ears and start moooooing.

Lisa said...

Thanks for your love, it means so much to me.

Jennifer Richardson said...

so cute...thanks for the grins:)
-Jen

Relyn Lawson said...

Perfect quote!!!!!!!!

Valerie Kamikubo said...

So true, there's hardly anything worse that gossip. At least, this made me smile.

ju-north said...

Look like very inquisitive cows!

Maureen said...

That first image is priceless, with those two cows leaning in, their ears pitched just so. Can't you just imagine the conversation they're having!

Thank you for Monday smiles.

Leslie said...

haha, they really DO look like they're sharing a bit of juicy gossip, don't they?

Vicky said...

Ha! I so needed that laugh today, Susan, thank you!

Kissed-by-the-Wind said...

I love this---one wonders what they are thinking and saying as they chew---plenty to ponder on this grey-green day.

Glenda said...

Spurgeon was a wise man, wasn't he? Your photos are perfect for his quote!! I needed this quote in my junior high Sunday School class yesterday; our focus was the power of our tongues.

Carolyn said...

I wonder if they are thinking the grass is greener on the other side of the fence? Spurgeon is a favorite.
Carolyn

Unknown said...

ah.. perfect.
and I love your new avatar photo!

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Wonderful!

Louise Gallagher said...

Moovelous!

cristie said...

thanks for the smile! xox

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh that is such good advice.

Mari said...

LOVE these shots, and also the advice!

Beth said...

Those first two definitely look like they're gossiping! What cute shots and great advice! :>)

Joan Elizabeth said...

What is as the fence that makes them want to line up like that?

MedaM said...

Great quote and wonderful photos! :-)

Kerri Farley said...

So true! Lovely pics!

caryjo said...

My first check-in for a while [OOPS!] and this was worth a grin. Reminds me of Gary Larson Far Side cartoons with cows watching people and discussing their less-than-bright driving or other activities.

Reena said...

Great photos and very good advice!

S. Etole said...

Joan, I have no idea why they all came and stood in a line like that when I stopped the car. They must be very curious cattle!

Ms. Becky said...

ha! you've nailed this one Susan. and great advice too. happy day to you.

Lyla Willingham Lindquist said...

And of course all I can think of is "You'll never hear one of us repeating gossip... So you'd better be sure to listen close the first time."

And then I wonder about admitting to growing up to Hee Haw.

Anonymous said...

That is some very fine advise!
xo Catherine

Duane Scott said...

this one just makes me chuckle.

gotta share it on my site. :)

MadSnapper n Beau said...

just found this one i missed, LOVE those cows

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I love this. So fitting for my day!! Thank you. Lovely photos. Such great cow photos!