Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wings ~

when
your wings
might
fail you

His
will uphold
and
protect you
~ ~ ~
For You have been my help,
and
in the shadow
of
Your wings
will
I rejoice
Psalm 63:7

37 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

The picture is beautiful,but it is the verse that really caught my attention.Thanks.
Blessings,Ruth

Mari said...

What a beautiful shot - with the perfect verse!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Is that a real chickadee sitting on a metal wing! Golly, what a shot! They are flitting here and there so, such nervous little caffeinated birdies, so hard to snap! And a perfect verse to go with it!

S. Etole said...

Yes, Ginny, it is. They were especially hyped today as it was -20 at the time I took this. That's why it is a bit blurry.

Dawning Inspiration said...

I've been given this verse a lot lately - it's such a good reminder! Love your image too - looks like his wings go on almost forever!

Rick said...

A beautiful photo Susan and such an encouraging quote and scripture !

JofIndia said...

Thank you...

rjerdee said...

A miracle of a shot :) Blessings go out to you from me today. :)

Anonymous said...

Such an important message at this time of the year when we are all feeling a bit overwhelmed. The shadow of the wings of an Infant King.
Andie

Anonymous said...

So beautiful ~ birds are always so sweet! Or dare I say tweet... :)
xo Catherine

rachel awes said...

how did you get such a shot?!!!
oh my goodness/INSPIRING!
how i love these wings/yes.
xox

Beth said...

Amazing photo--much needed message!

Tracy said...

The message and image of hope here is uplifting, Susan! Just love the image of the bird with "extra" wings. :o) Happy Week, my friend ((HUGS))

Maureen said...

Wonderful and eloquent contrast.

Anonymous said...

The chickadee is beautiful! I love the verse.

Strong winds blew through here over the weekend, knocking the feeders every which way. Yesterday morning, there were lots of beautiful Junco's finding feed in the snow, all around the patio. Love watching the birds, in winter.

Dagmar said...

Yes He will be the wind beneath your wings my friend. Just as He is for this little fellow.
Lovely shot.
Hugs D. and hold on strong.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

was he sitting on the metal or did you photoshop him there. I LOVE IT either way. wonderful shot and quote

S. Etole said...

That's where he lit momentarily and then he was off again.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Totally beautiful picture and words to match!

Vicky said...

Wow, you seriously have a talent for this Susan... I can envision these on pages of a book and think it would be totally inspiring to read and enjoy. What a perfectly timed moment to capture :)

Nancy said...

Father did not only bless you with this picture this morning but all of us....what an incredible moment in time.....

Joan Elizabeth said...

What a lovely photo.

Anonymous said...

Love

SimplyDarlene said...

What images! Both the photograph and the words.

Blessings.

Melissa Campbell said...

Like the wings of your words, the photo draws my eyes to the heavenly. Beautiful!

Heidi said...

So simple, so beautiful... lovely picture too. Thank you!

Leslie said...

Your continual reminders through photo and verse are a great encouragement to me... I love this little chickadee resting upon those sturdy wings.

Jewels said...

Amen sister!

Linda said...

I don't know how you do it time and time again - the perfect pictures and words. This one is especially moving. Thank you Susan!

Emily Young said...

I love the bird and the verse!

Have you thought about publishing a book with photos and verses and poetry? You do such a wonderful job pairing them.

Louise Gallagher said...

I'm with Linda -- I don't know how you do it.

and I am so grateful you do, time and time again.

Thank you my friend. Exquisite.

ELK said...

just so very special ... i think the light adds amazing feel to this!!!

Michelle DeRusha said...

What a great picture -- an angel bird!

Anne Lang Bundy said...

He seems to know when the shadow of His wings is sufficient, and when I need to feel a feather-tip touch.

Relyn Lawson said...

THIS is perfect. Perfect.

I don't even know what to say to this. It's perfect - and exactly what I needed today.

Denise said...

Great shot! I just found your blog through Andie’s Meandering Through Life, and your photos caught my attention.

e.o.w. said...

This is an extraordinary photograph!