Thursday, December 2, 2010

An Opening ~

"all the windows
of
my heart
I
open
to the day"
John Greenleaf Whittier


this is the day
the Lord has made
let us rejoice
and
be glad
in it
Psalm 118:24 
 ~ ~ ~
linking with Cassandra's window views


37 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea and well executed.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Is that from the front of your house? how pretty, and I like the curtain reflection.

S. Etole said...

Ginny, it is taken through the guest room window which is on the south side of the house.

Steve Gravano said...

Today is the day the Lord has made...
weather good or bad, I should rejoice.
Yes I should. Thanks for the reminder. Tomorrow is already looking brighter.

Maureen said...

That would be a wonderful prompt for 3 from here & there.

What a lovely view!

Anonymous said...

maureen has a good idea...

wow, what pretty bright sun you have!

nancy neva gagliano said...

lovely quotations...!

dude said...

So beautiful!

Beth said...

Triple wow! Your guests are lucky to have that view!

cristie said...

sun, reflection, blue sky, snow and lace. lovely words. now i lay me down to sleep and thank you. xox

Unknown said...

Gorgeous view in that room with a view :)

Jennifer Richardson said...

Rejoicing
and glad in it
and for this
and you.
-Jennifer

Linda said...

A beautiful work of art Susan. It makes me feel such joy.

Glenda said...

Beautiful and uplifting!

Rick said...

What a beautiful scene from your window - and nicely framed by it ! Great quote and scripture to go along with the photo !

ju-north said...

I'd love that view! Great reminder from the psalms!

Joan Elizabeth said...

It might be all white out there but oh you have made a beautiful photo of it. Look at that lovely lace, the sun, the shadows ... a delight to my eyes.

rjerdee said...

O, yes..."this is the day the Lord has made!"

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness ~ if that is the view out your window that you get to look at every day ~ you are one lucky girl! Beautiful!
xo Catherine

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful image - opening the windows of the heart....letting the 'stale' out and allowing the 'fresh' to enter in.
Andie

Louise Gallagher said...

coming here makes my heart weep for joy.

Anonymous said...

oh so familiar with this scene, I spend lots of winter days looking out our windows! Somedays I can venture out but everyday has possibilities! What a fabulous view you have :D

MadSnapper n Beau said...

super shot of the view out the window. it kind of almost looks like an old TV set, the part around the window.

Christmas-etc... said...

You have such a lovely and different site! I love the combination of verse with gorgeous photos and am just thrilled to become your newest follower!
Many blessings!
Ann

What Karen Sees said...

Lovely inspiration for the day and beautiful image as usual. Have a beautiful weekend!

Cassandra Frear said...

This is beautiful. Would you like to link up to window views at Moonboat Cafe today?

Kass said...

What a lovely, shimmering day.

Lisa said...

Breathtaking image and beautiful quote.

ELK said...

the curtains in the window reflecting the light of the day ..really special!

Janis Van Keuren said...

A framed photo right outside your window! How beautiful! God has gifted you!

Blessings,
Janis

Carrie Van Horn said...

Such lovely thoughts and truths here...i love it! :-)

joyce said...

that's a really nice quote about the window. I also really like your last post, great creation there!

MedaM said...

What a wonderful view you enjoy every day! Wonderful post and uplifting words!

Sarah said...

I sing this song every morning when my little guys first wake up. I love it!

Delighted to meet you. Hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. No worries, if I make a mess I'll make sure to clean up.

Splashin'
Sarah

Laura said...

Oh, Susan. I always get a lift when I come by here. Thank you for blessing me tonight.

caryjo said...

Lovely.

Sandra Heska King said...

Day star of wonder! I feel sun-kissed.