Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Even Though ~



Though the fig tree does
not blossom
and
there is no fruit on the vines,
[though] the product of the olive
fails
and the fields yield no food,
though the flock is cut off from the fold
and
there are not cattle in the stalls,
yet
I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation!
The Lord God
is my Strength, my personal bravery,
and
my invincible army;
He makes my feet like hinds' feet
and
will make me to walk
[not to stand still in terror, but walk]
and
make [spiritual] progress
upon my high places
[of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]!
Habakkuk 3:17-19
~ ~ ~
these words stand
framed
in
my home
a
reminder
that it is not
about
what
but about
Whom 
that
my heart rejoices
~ ~ ~
 Peter Pollock
is
hosting
the blog carnival today
the
chosen word 
is
REJOICE!



 

28 comments:

katdish said...

"Not about what but about Whom." Yes.

Beth said...

It's a good reminder to have around.

The "whom" is what I must center on.

Louise Gallagher said...

Because I am so accustomed to your photography speaking, these words startle me and resonate even more deeply.

Beautiful words Susan.

cristie said...

a powerful message found in Habakkuk...i will look it up. thanks. xox

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Perfect for the Rejoice blog. and a wonderful idea to have it framed, i have several scriptures framed and hung to remind me.

Candy said...

Yes, even though... Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

powerful verses Susan, thank you, and thanks be to God "my invincible army"!!

Leslie said...

This is wonderful.

Maureen said...

Lovely contribution to the carnival today.

Vicky said...

Powerful is indeed the word that comes to mind... thank you!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful words.I need to remember them daily.Thanks.
Ruth ♥

Jojo Agot said...

I've always loved that passage from Habakkuk. Thanks for sharing.

SimplyDarlene said...

It is hard to imagine such a scenario--only can joy weigh more than sorrow or fear when God sets the scales.

You shocked me with no image today, but your words sound of such beauty. Always.

Blessings.

Lisa notes... said...

So true, true. I had similar thoughts when I wrote my "rejoice" post. I love those verses in Habakkuk. Thanks for sharing them in such a beautiful format.

allisondegeorge said...

thank you dear susan for always taking a moment to look AND to comment
keep walking and rejoicing!

ju-north said...

I also have those words framed! One of my favourite verses, reminding me of God's faithfulness!

Anonymous said...

good one.

Ginny Hartzler said...

These are two powerful words and would be good to have as a kind of mantra. A lot of people rejoice and give thanks BECAUSE, but when it gets to Even Though, that is when we can stumble.

Jennifer Richardson said...

I love that scripture
...especially the word "yet"
YET.
Such a powerful little word.
Yet will I worship Him.
Yet will I praise Him.
Yet will my heart be glad.
Yet will I trust Him still.
Oh I'm glad for that "yet".
It redirects my attention
so beautifully.
Thanks for this,
beautiful friend.
-Jennifer

Linda said...

Those verses have such special meaning for me Susan. I learned their powerful truth in a very dark time, and I am the richer for it.
Thank you for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

In the midst of the darkness, a single light shines.
Andie

Mari said...

I will rejoice! That is a conscious decision and a wonderful testimony!

Steve Gravano said...

Beautifully uplifting.

Fatha Frank said...

I need this reminder. I know the "who" but I get distracted by the "what". Even though... I must praise the Lord

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Oh, Susan! :D

You know that I know, but you've somehow captured the need to rejoice in the Whom rather than the what in a fresh way for me here.

Thank you ever so much!

a joyful noise said...

What a great poem! Enjoyed your Post. Disappointments may come, and our garden may not be fruitful .. but his love was so great for us that God sent us a Gift of His Son. We rejoice in HIM, and not in our circumstances.

e.o.w. said...

a well needed reminder (it's been a bad day) AND I may still REJOICE!

Sandra Heska King said...

Praise Him in Whom I rejoice!