Thursday, December 9, 2010

Called to Be Light ~




32 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thanks for this reminder.Sometimes I feel like my light grows dim.
Blessings,Ruth

JofIndia said...

The suitable mission statement for your own quiet ministry, I think..

Kelly Sauer said...

Oh how pretty!

Maureen said...

That would be a terrific cover for a Christmas card.

Beautifully done!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

so very true and thanks for the reminder. wonderful photo, the lights came out great.

Glenda said...

God shines His light through you, Susan! Thank you for allowing Him to use you!

Beautiful, hopeful message!

Anonymous said...

Yes, so true. And we can look to others to be our light when we are in darkness.
Andie

Ginny Hartzler said...

Exactly the premise of my blog! I just photographed our tree reflecting in the window last night! So have you, but yours came out better. Great minds think alike. I am glad you told me about your answer to my questions, I would not have seen it otherwise. I don't usually go back to the same post. I am wondering how you came to be in that condition and how long it was for, but perhaps this is a very personal thing. It was a lovely story, though.

Joan Elizabeth said...

The renovations should be done today so I can put up my tree this weekend. I do hope so. Lovely reminder of the spirit of Christmas here today.

Jewels said...

Very true! love the photo!

Caroline said...

This is just so beautiful. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

i hope i can.

well done on the image and typesetting.

Unknown said...

Nice design and a great reminder.

Jennifer Richardson said...

Beautifully true!
And there is always light
for us, too
...no matter how deep the dark.
-Jennifer

Unknown said...

oh, Susan, this is absolutely gorgeous.
sigh....

cristie said...

as you are. day after day after day. xox

Anonymous said...

Oh yes ~ I like this ~ the words and the photo ~ fantastic!
xo Catherine

Anonymous said...

wonderful reminder :)

Linda said...

To be a light in someone's darkness - what joy Susan! He is the light of our world and we can do a little something to penetrate the darkness.

Anonymous said...

and of course you need to be grateful for the many people who light up your own life!

Steve Gravano said...

Many day's you light up mine, I thank you for that.

dude said...

Yes...we can!

Nancy said...

You are light for us with your words and pictures....

caryjo said...

Loverly as usual. And, obviously, people think you're pretty "light-filled" in their lives. Nice to have that encouragement poured forth.

Dawning Inspiration said...

Gorgeous - you could sell this!! Love everything about it.

Mary said...

oh so true, and Susan, you shine brightly!!

Tracy said...

MAGICAL moment, Susan... that photo tingles with the magic of Christmas. And your sentiments cheer so much. I think we get caught up in the hustle & bustle of this time of year. Being the LIGHT is a good reminder of what this time is really all about. :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Kathleen Overby said...

amen.

Leslie said...

as you have been in mine...

Rick said...

Absolutely wonderful words to live by. We must remember not to hide it under a bushel when there's so much darkness in the world.

Sandra Heska King said...

So we need to keep those batteries charged. ;)

gretchen g. said...

So true... have a warm and blessed Christ season!