Saturday, December 11, 2010

Borrowed For A Challenge ~



to
borrow a phrase
from


I
would
entitle this
"Watchful Waiting"
~ ~ ~
there were 17 other pairs of feet
present
13 pairs of them belonged to the bell ringers
that
came from Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
to
share their Christmas joy
~ ~ ~
in response to a B/W photo challenge
by
Claire Burge
on



22 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

An interesting perspective...I love bell choirs!!

Maureen said...

I like this a lot.

Linda said...

You take the most amazing pictures Susan. I am trying, ever so slowly, to learn to see the little things that when captured on film, say so much.
This is just so creative.

Dawning Inspiration said...

Very fun - great job!

JofIndia said...

I really like this. The "no shoes" aspect is just like India - but to be fully authentic, there would be no socks either!

Joan Elizabeth said...

That is a great response to the challenge. Very different.

Dagmar said...

Huh what a great shot.
Hugs D. Hope you had fun.

Anonymous said...

love the story this tells :)

MadSnapper n Beau said...

very special photo. it says bible study to me, and caring people who remove shoes to save from tracking the floor. wish i could hear the bells

Kass said...

I wonder if being shoeless helps the ringers to feel the vibrations better.

Great photo.

Louise Gallagher said...

Great photo -- and I too wonder -- is it because of the vibrations, or noise or...?

Jennifer Richardson said...

Socks and winterness
....such joy:)
-Jennifer

S. Etole said...

They remove their shoes out of courtesy in this part of the country. We have a foot of snow and even though walks are shoveled, it tracks.

Kass said...

Thanks for the explanation. I think it's interesting that we feel the soul of the earth through the soles of our feet. I'm fascinated by telluric energy.

beth said...

how great are that many pairs of feet together....and wow, you guys really got socked up there with snow and now the roof collapse at the stadium.....youch.

tim said...

great photo - the fact you cant see their faces is even better i think in relation to the title
you can imagine the anticipation - and the patience that comes with age

Beverly said...

What a neat post. I've been playing in a bell choir this year at church. I love it. When I get too old to sing, I hope I can still ring the bells.

Nancy said...

I love cozy socks.......just says winter and fireplaces.....

Laura said...

this just touches my heart, susan. the things we do for love...

David Rupert said...

There's just something about sitting around in business socks that tells me, "The day is over"

and

"Yahoo!"

Unknown said...

catching up here this morning, susan
and I just love this.

Unknown said...

Susan,

I really stopped when I opened your page.

This is the most expressive photo for the challenge!