Saturday, October 9, 2010

Watching ~

in the warm glow
of
the kitchen

thinking
of
supper

I
glance
through the window

and see
him


he doesn't
see me

yet

but somehow he knows

someone's watching

another day

a
similar time

I
see her


she doesn't
see me

yet

but somehow she knows

someone's watching

I go
about my days

I
can't see Him

yet

but
I know

Someone's watching

and

guarding me

in
all of my ways

~ ~ ~

You gave me life
and
showed me kindness,
and
in your providence
watched over my spirit.
Job 10:12 NIV

~ ~ ~

you can share more window views
{including your own
if you like}
at

it's a lovely place
to visit 

 


28 comments:

Doug Spurling said...

Wow! Simply beautiful! Pictures and words.
Thanks.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh, my goodness, what an amazing analogy!!! This is so good that it's almost breaking my heart.
"...he who watches over you will not slumber, indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep." Psalm 121:3

Lisa said...

Gorgeous reflection.

Dawning Inspiration said...

Oh so nice in every way!!

Glenda said...

A beautiful reminder of His constant abiding . . . thanks!

Maureen said...

Love how you framed this.

Blessings.

Beverly said...

Wonderful. Isn't it comforting to know that He sees us and knows us and is watching. Thank you for this beautiful post.

Leslie said...

Such beautiful creatures! And your words keep making me cry lately (in a good way.) I love that verse, too. Thank you.

caryjo said...

Loved it. Hope I will see the same when I'm up there in a couple weeks.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous it's as simple as that.

Brian's Home Blog said...

WOW! That was totally awesome, both pictures and words!

Jennifer Richardson said...

Again,
your blog is a pool
of fresh cool water
and I'm refreshed
and more alive
after visiting:)
Many thanks,
Jennifer

cristie said...

yet.

still you know He is there. xox

Mari said...

Just beautiful shots and the perfect words to go with them.

ELK said...

what a very special metaphor for a beautiful realization..the deer are amazing to be so close

L.L. Barkat said...

The colors! Wow!

And I love the photo on the post that was just published tonight over at TheHighCalling.org.

And those acorns. Goodness. How marvelous. :)

Linda said...

What a comforting thought - He truly is always watching. Like the deer in your beautiful pictures, I want to be aware.

Beth said...

Wish I could use that analogy at school--my country kids would get that one unlike so many they don't get.
Beautiful, Susan.
What a beautiful sight to see from your kitchen!

Patrinas Pencil said...

I have a friend in Delaware and my own brother in MI who also see deer in their yards. Oh it must be so ....I don't even know how to describe it. I only saw one once in my friends yard - it was so long ago - but a memory that stuck.

love your word weaving again. Great that you wove them right into scripture!

Go girl!
hugs,
princess warrior <")>><

Joan Elizabeth said...

Your photos and thoughts are so beautiful. I am going to put you in my sidebar so I remember to visit more often.

Tracy said...

I am in awe... such beautiful moments with this beautiful creatures. I find animals a great way to connect with Spirit. Magical post, Susan... Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Louise Gallagher said...

Susan, I come here because here is where I find myself effortlessly immersed in beauty.

Thank you.

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

I've never seen such beautiful photos of deer. Your words strengthen me. Thank you.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I'm Back from my 3 days off and i came to this post first because i wanted to see who was outside that you were watching. i would love to watch him with you.

Anonymous said...

Deer always make me smile! :)
xo Catherine

spread your wings said...

oh you have a beautiful way - a way of making me reflect and of giving hope. it's a blessing to read your blog . thank you

Kathleen Overby said...

'showed me kindness....and watched over my spirit' ~
you and me and the deer know.

Unknown said...

Great relfective post, I love the thought of Him always watching over us. Beautiful pictures too!!