The bare branches have a beauty of their own. I especially like your middle shot. It is so different from anything we would encounter here in Australia.
Like your other followers, I am particularly taken by the middle photo - very atmospheric..
Here in India, the trees lose individual dead leaves at any time of the year. Birth, death, new life and fast fading vitality sit side by side, inseparable.
I like that shot of the house through the trees. I took a couple before I left, but they don't have any of that "softer" approach... just very straight-forward.
Outstanding. I love the bare trees. Being from Florida where we don't lose too many leaves, I find them fascinating. I love looking at the clear blue sky through them.
I really like the house showing throught the trees like that. I'm not ready for the bare trees yet--they always bring a sadness to me--but your camera gives them an eery beauty.
Powerful pictures. There is something really beautiful about a tree that has lost its leaves. Nothing to hide the branches. They stand bare and exposed to the elements. They seem the most fragile and delicate and yet have to face the harshest elements. Andie
28 comments:
i do like seeing tree branches, but, it's not long before i start to miss the leaves.
The bare branches have a beauty of their own. I especially like your middle shot. It is so different from anything we would encounter here in Australia.
I want to seeee the house in the trees, spooky and goregous at the same time. since I love trees and old houses, that photo is speaking to me.
Nice post, the center photo is haunting.
Like your other followers, I am particularly taken by the middle photo - very atmospheric..
Here in India, the trees lose individual dead leaves at any time of the year. Birth, death, new life and fast fading vitality sit side by side, inseparable.
oh my, yes it is coming, *cringe*
I like the middle shot too!
It's making me shiver just looking at these photos...
When we lived up north, those stark branches still dominating the landscape in March made me long for spring.
Have a blessed weekend Susan.
I like that shot of the house through the trees. I took a couple before I left, but they don't have any of that "softer" approach... just very straight-forward.
Susan - the simplicity of your photographs combined with few words never ceases to quieten me. It is such a gift - thank you for giving it.
Things may be bleak, but you have found some color!
So lovely, Susan! I think one of the most beautiful things to see is a naked tree. I could stare for hours.
Oh my Susan! I just saw your new Header - it's gorgeous!!! Love it so much!
Outstanding. I love the bare trees. Being from Florida where we don't lose too many leaves, I find them fascinating. I love looking at the clear blue sky through them.
I really like the house showing throught the trees like that. I'm not ready for the bare trees yet--they always bring a sadness to me--but your camera gives them an eery beauty.
That is very pretty! I love the header picture too!!!
love the house and the leaves..
hope your day is kind..
beauty and melancholy
often walk together,
don't they.
-Jennifer
Powerful pictures. There is something really beautiful about a tree that has lost its leaves. Nothing to hide the branches. They stand bare and exposed to the elements. They seem the most fragile and delicate and yet have to face the harshest elements.
Andie
I like all of these, but the tree with a few leaves left speaks to me. It's kind of sad - those last leaves hanging on!
You can't scare me. I've made up my mind to welcome winter.
Winter was at my house this week. I hope it stays away from your door for a while longer!
xo Catherine
You take the most amazing photos! I'm spell bound.
Janis
i love your haunted house.....don't you just want to go up to the door and see who lives there....
Haunting the imagination for sure! I love seeing tree skeletons. :) These are super autumn photos!
You took my breath away with this ..
resolute...the perfect word as i hunker down and steel myself for the next five months. xox
you are so far ahead of my trees..i relish the beauty from far away Susan...soon enough I suppose
Post a Comment