Cradled in my hands
I soak in
once again
the warmth
of
his heart and life
Large
they were
Gentle
carving, creating, crafting
Hands
that labored
soothed
guided
helped
Father’s hands
I feel them
warmly
Embracing
wood, forest
quietness
family
friend
My father’s hands
instruments of love
~ ~ ~
my father took up the hobby
of carving
the
last ten years
of
his life
~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~
This is a repost from December of 2009
in
memory
of him
of him
and
his quiet gentleness


32 comments:
How beautiful, the carving and the words. There is nothing like a Father's hands and a warm embrace - I miss my Dad.
Your father was obviously very talented. A beautiful keepsake filled with memories ~ such a wonderful thing! Have a most lovely day!
I am always intrigued by those who work with wood. Love you words too.
Wow, that was beautiful.
My grandpa did carvings of ducks and I have several of them. They are indeed treasures.
I can feel his energy when I look at the photo of his beautiful work.
what a stunning keepsake...i relished the words you included with this very special piece
A father's hand are love... so true. Your post is a loving tribute...beautiful! :o)
Hello,
Thanks for visiting. This is a warm tribute to your Father. His hands clearly were gifted.
Very poignant words....and your father was talented to become so good in only ten years.
What a gifted man your dad was. The nativity scene is beautiful.
Your words along with his work are a pleasure to both read and see. I'm impressed with the detail of his work! My own father is a retired woodworker who specialized in cabinets. I have fond memories of playing in the sawdust in the garage when he was working.
this post is so touching. what a wonderful and cherished ornament this must be for you. it's absolutely gorgeous - such a fine piece - what skilled hands your father had.
What a lovely remembrance of your father. My father did not carve but in his elder years he once brought me a red glass vase from the dime-store with a single rose. I still have that vase and keep it carefully.
P.S. thanks for visiting my blog.
Incredible.
And I love coming here to find all the gifts you leave for us.
Thank you.
his hands
your hands
both created
something
beautiful
Love this. What a blessing to have such a precious memory of your father that you can actually hold in your hands. Beautiful workmanship. Beautiful tribute.
This is such a beautiful, loving tribute, Susan... and what a gifts your father had. Thank you for sharing them with us today. :o) ((HUGS))
Such a beautiful keepsake memory!
xo Catherine
what a beautiful piece your father made! A wonderful memory of the man who held your hand as a child and now from above. xo
I love, too, how you've gently named the first photo: Father's Gift.
On two accounts, yes?
What a precious gift Susan. I think there is nothing more meaningful than something made by the hands of those whom we love. I sometimes hold the beautiful things my Grandmother crocheted and feel a special closeness to her.
Thank you for sharing this lovely memory.
Susan
thank you for missing me!
you are too sweet!?!?
What a lovely post to honor your father...in honor of Our Father and His Son
Have a lovely week leading up to Christmas and have yourself a Merry Little Christmas Day
What a beautiful carving, Susan, and what a great tribute to your father.
What a gifted woodcarver your father was! And how your words of tribute shine with the gift of his gentle love... so wonderful that you have his work to remember him by.
This is beautiful tribute to your father and his lovely work is a precious memory of him.
My father, age 83, carves, too. I grew up with the smell of sawdust.
Beautiful tribute to your father.
I still have a few of the carved pieces... reindeer, in particular. So enjoyed seeing his heart for this. I also always think of him when I see the cradle. So many other things he did as a helpful blessing.
To have such a treasured gift from your father -- such joy!
A priceless gift . . . both the beautifully carved ornament and your Father's loving hands!
what a wonderful treasure to have and remember him by year after year :)
Your father most definitely handed down to you, his artistic ability.
Just gorgeous talent.
How very beautiful, to see Mary lovingly looking at her Babe as a mother really would. What a treasure you've shared.
Post a Comment