Saturday, December 31, 2011

Whose Silence ~

 
but the Lord
is in
His holy temple
let all the earth
keep silence
before
Him
Habakkuk 2:20
: : :
"whose silence are you?"
Thomas Merton
|| || ||
     


36 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh yes. To keep silence before the Lord,that is an awesome thing.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you many blessings in the new year!

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Beautiful, unquenchable, silence.

ELK said...

sending you silent blessings for a happy new year!

Unknown said...

wishing you a blessed new year!

http://point-shoot-vhen.blogspot.com/2012/01/365-17.html

JofIndia said...

He is always clearest in the silence...
Happy New year!

Joan Elizabeth said...

This morning New Year's message was about the fear of the Lord ... being in His awesome presence would invoke a deep deep silence.

Anonymous said...

A blessed new day to you.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

wishing you many blessings in the coming year and I so enjoy your message that comes with every wonderful photo.

Anonymous said...

Came over from Jumping Tandem.

I love the connection I felt between the verse and the photo. I always hear Him more clearly when I am silent :-)

Thank you for this reminder today!

Patricia said...

A powerful thought - on this LORD's day - the beginning of a new year. Thank you for this, Susan...and may the LORD speak love and blessings to you in the silence.

Leslie said...

May you know His presence and His blessing in this new year. Thank you for all your words and images that express hope in the waiting...

Anonymous said...

Your photo is beautiful! It looks like winter is there. Keep warm!
xo Catherine

Lori Heyd said...

I love this photo...I dream of taking pictures in the hush of a snowfall..it's magical and there is nothing like that kind of silence.....Silence is good. Happy New Year! Lori

Anonymous said...

wishing you a beautiful 2012!

Vicky said...

I too was buffeted by the soft and quiet arrival of snowflakes yesterday. Thanks for verse that marries so well with it :) God's blessings to you in the New Year! Thank you for enriching our lives through your blog and your presence!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo to go with the scripture and the quote - wow! I could just feel the silence in that photo.

Deidra said...

That verse? It gives me chills. I always think it will be like a football game or something when we actually see God face-to-face. But I imagine we'll all be speechless...

Lucille said...

Peace and quiet in your blog for another year I hope.

Carolyn said...

Beautiful photo....so lovely with this verse.
Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God" is a verse that kept me during a serious illness seveal years ago.
Being silent/quiet before the Lord is healing in itself.
Blessings,
Carolyn

Janet Beckwith Macy said...

It doesn't matter what's going on - our God is in his holy temple. He's still on the throne and still in control.

Love the picture and scripture.

Jewels said...

Happy New Year Blessing to you Susan!

"The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD." Lam 3:25-26

Jennifer Richardson said...

so sweetly said and shown:)
bright beautiful beginnings
and thanks
to dear, dear you,
Jen

Anonymous said...

A perfect reminder. Happy new year!

Louise Gallagher said...

Deep silence turns into beauty in your eyes. Thank you for sharing the silence

Reena said...

Looking forward to my visits with you in the new year! All the very best!

Nancy said...

"In quiet trust is our strength"....Being silent before the Lord can be a hard thing to do but the rewards are abundant......

Happy New Year.....

Beth said...

Silence can be worship and you've said this and shown it beautifully.
Thank you for all your awesomely creative pairings of images and words that have and continue to bless me as well as others.
You are such a wonderful gift from God, Susie.
Blessings to you on this first day of 2012.

Unknown said...

Blessings for your new year ... All days, whether silent or thundering :)

Hope said...

Wishing you the best in 2011.. may it be blessed beyond measure..your words and photo is beautfiul..

Tracy said...

Holding this sweet silence along with you, Susan... I missed visiting here while away. Great to be back after two weeks away at Christmas and catch up with you here. Wishing you all the very best in 2012! Thank you for the sweet wishes in turn. :o) ((HUGS))

Cassandra Frear said...

There is much that silence can say.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

Such a breathtaking photo.. Truly beautiful.

Hugs, Linda

a joyful noise said...

Yes there are times when we must stop all our speaking and just listen.

Sandra Heska King said...

Whose silence am I?

That's got me thinking.