Sunday, September 21, 2014

Seasons Meeting ~



they touch
on the edge of the woods
sharing their color and light
summer and autumn moments
*  *  *
It is the summer's great last heat,
It is the fall's first chill: They meet.

Sarah Morgan Bryan Piatt
*  *  *
the equinox

18 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

I love the way you see so deeply
and celebrate so thoroughly:)
Simple pleasures saved for those
with hearts to receive:)
Thanks for sharing,
Jennifer

Unknown said...

Tolle Fotos, vielen Dank dafür.
- Stine -

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thanks for the link. I love it and have copied it for the church. The way the sun is on these pictures, they are all full of light and beautiful. Especially the first picture!

Anonymous said...

I love the golden hue of these photos, Susan. Wishing you and Miss Callie a nice afternoon.

Lisa Gordon said...

These are such wonderful autumn photographs, Susan.

The Furry Gnome said...

What a good way to express it!

Kamana said...

love the way you have captured light in the second photo

Lucille said...

And so another year turns. We are catching up with you. The mornings are chill and the conkers are falling.

Joan Elizabeth said...

Daisies are so lovely. I bought some for my garden this weekend. I forgot about the equinox ... goodie longer and longer days coming my way, though the bright mornings will go soon when we cut across to daylight saving (I am not fan of daylight saving)

Beth said...

Love this combination. I'm seeing it in my yard with flowers still blooming and leaves turning colors. It's a beautiful time of year. You captured both beautifully.

Tracy said...

I love this time year... and love how the changes unfold and meet... Happy Autumn Days, Susan :o) ((HUGS))

MadSnapper n Beau said...

the photos are wonderful and fit the quote absolutely perfectly.. thanks for the link. ours is tonight at 10:29 pm and we have noticed our days are shorter by the day, we are so close to the sun we notice any changes and have been watching them... for me i love our winter from Oct to May..

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful images and a wonderful way to step into fall.

SimplyDarlene said...

as always, the enlarged, clicked-on images are beautyFull too.

blessings.

Jeanne said...

Such beautiful colors and reminds me how autumn is truly here! How did that happen so fast????

Vicky said...

Such truth in this and so beautifully expressed! I don't know that I've remembered it to be so overlapping in years past- but you've nailed it perfectly! Love to you friend~

Our photos + Crosstitch patterns said...

Very nice photos!
Greetings...

caryjo said...

It was so much fun to be going out and about and taking the photos of the various flowers, grassiness, trees, etc. What a treat!