Thursday, September 18, 2014

Graced ~



How beautifully leaves grow old.
  How full of light and color are their last days.”
John Burrough
*  *  *
 

25 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You can make anything look beautiful! And let's strive to be like the leaves as we get older.

Maureen said...

Ginny is right. These photos are lovely. You capture the light beautifully, Susan. At this stage, leaves are so fragile.

Carol Garvin said...

Beautiful harbingers of autumn! I love the fall colours.

ju-north said...

You see beauty in he smallest of things!

Lisa Gordon said...

Beautifully simple, and simply beautiful, Susan.

Vicky said...

I love the simplicity in that observation- and the truth of it as well. So much to learn through our natural environments that surround us so abundantly.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors of this season. Have a nice evening.

Elizabeth Dianne said...

wow! lots of food for thought here--and presented so beautifully and tender--

Bethany Carson said...

Good quote and beautiful photos of the leaves!

The Furry Gnome said...

Nicely presented. We have several weeks of such beauty ahead of us.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The leaves teach us that there is real beauty in old age.

Linda said...

Oh Susie, what a beautiful eye and heart you have! Thank you for this.

Joan Elizabeth said...

It takes getting older ourselves to appreciate age. At least that was my case.

Tracy said...

It's the little things that mean a lot... :o) BEAUTIFUL taste of autumn... Happy Days, Susan ((HUGS))

Debbie said...

i love the color....i can feel the chill!!!

Dawning Inspiration said...

I'm so excited to see the colors and the leaves falling in the wind... beautiful images!

Carolyn said...

One of my favorite quotes...beautiful photo as always.
Carolyn

Dea Moore said...

The beauty, the thought spoke to me in the depths…thank you, my friend for sharing this graced moment.

Deanna said...

As I grow older I can only hope to be as beautiful as your leaf.

Laura said...

beautiful words for an exquisite leaf… may we all grow more beautiful with each line and colorful vein revealed through skin growing more translucent as we age… just as it was when we were newborn.

Kamana said...

love that you see beauty in simple things

Kass said...

Like the red leaves, your choice of words are always striking.

Beth said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all thought like that about humans aging?! :>)

Jeanne said...

Love the lighting and color you have captured here!

caryjo said...

Just made me smile, knowing I had seen them not too long ago. Love the photos.