A test of a people is
how it behaves toward the old.
It is easy to love children.
Even tyrants and dictators
make a point of being fond of children.
But the affection and care for
the old, the incurable, the helpless
are the true gold mines
of a culture.
Abraham Heschel
* * *



36 comments:
Truth. And I'm afraid that our culture is failing this test.
Oh I do love that color of rose, it is so beautiful & vibrant. So true about your quote....I think there is still a lot of respect for the elders, I saw it with my Mom and the respect given to her.
gorgeous roses... the colors are fantastic.these das i don't see respect for young or old... seems respect is is becoming a thing of the past. i like the quote
This is so very true, and although just my opinion, we as a society need to do a whole lot better with regard to our seniors.
Wonderful post, Susan.
such beauty in the images
I think this quote is very true. But the roses, where did they come from, and are they current? They are amazing. It looks like God put lipstick all along the edges.
True thoughts beautiful images.
xo Catherine
I love your rose images. These are beautiful roses and you captured that well.Love the quote as well.
That is such a profound quote, and the pictures are exquisite Susie. Just perfect.
You remind me that I need to get by the adult home. Thank you.
So true!
So True.. LOVE these photos my friend.
Hope you have a happy week.
Hugs~
Beautiful images! And thought provoking words
You have given the aging roses such dignity. The scripture verse says it all.
There is such truth in these words, and I am afraid we as a society are failing this test. The roses are beautiful
A resonating quote!!
They are so beautiful!
Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography
What a powerful, true quote. Thank you so much for sharing it here. I have frequently been distressed at the way my 90 year old Papaw is treated when we are out together. Just a lack of respect and consideration that worries me.
Beautiful captures of the roses. And your quote is so true! Thanks for following my blog.
Susan...such breathtaking images of these unique roses. The quote is very true in so many cases.
As usual, I LOVE the photos. This just grabbed my attention. THANKS MUCH!!
This is a great quote....I think that our society needs to do a lot better than we're currently doing, in this regard. The rose images are the perfect companion to this quote!
Happy day to you, Susan :)
Beautiful flowers.
Words of wisdom. I enjoy my visits.
your images are gorgeous susan but the words really spoke to me!!
i am/was a nurse....i have volunterred at my local hospital, i just love it. i am so drawn to the elderly and the stories of their lives!!
My pediatrician husband said if he didn't care for the little ones, he would care for the old ones. His Grandmother lived just shy of 103. She loved to read biographies and talk religion and politics. She was something else! Thank you, Susie for sharing your gifts here in this quiet place.
Truer words, none.
Such a potent post...yes.
my heart cries yes.
may we as a people remember this.
-Jennifer
Sooo schön - Fotos und Text. Da öffnet sich Herz und Seele.
Liebe Grüße
Waldameise
Wonderful TRUTH.
Precisely.
Sorry, Susan all those deletes were mine. Slow internet where I am at the moment made me think it wasn't posting...so I did what anyone would do...hit the button about 5 or 10 times.... OH FOR THE LOVE...
Gorgeous
Post a Comment