Friday, March 14, 2014

The Hatching ~

 “It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird:
it would be a jolly sight harder
 for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg.
 We are like eggs at present.
 And you cannot go on indefinitely being
 just an ordinary, decent egg.
 We must be hatched or go bad.
 C.S. Lewis
*  *  *
hope you have
a spring-filled weekend

26 comments:

Carol Garvin said...

Stagnant is not a healthy state. The thoughts here are eye-openers and that second photo is stunning, Susan! Thank you!

Carolynn Anctil said...

That's an awesome photo! I love C.S. Lewis.

Unknown said...

Love this... And I LOVE your photos my friend.

Hope you have an awesome weekend.

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

So very pretty. Blessings to you this weekend.

rjerdee said...

You're making me smile :) Great shots!

Anonymous said...

i'm a cracked egg

MadSnapper n Beau said...

this just might be my most favorite of all your post. I love the egg and feather and the egg shell and bird. the photos are spectacular and the words are PERFECT... that is one pretty little bird

Lisa Gordon said...

I love this, Susan!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Interesting quote..have a great weekend!

ju-north said...

Food for thought. Great photos!

Linda said...

This one fits perfectly into my heart dear friend. I've been an egg for a very long time. Yearning to learn to fly.
Happy Spring Weekend to you too!

Muffy's Marks said...

Fantastic photo. I just adore that little bird.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I enjoy your choice of pictures and verses.

Lynn said...

Outstanding contemplative photo. C.S.Lewis is a favorite of mine.
Blessings on your weekend.

Waldameise Andrea said...

Ein Genuss für Auge und Seele, liebe Susan, ... ihre Fotos und Gedanken. Danke dafür.

Ein schönes Wochenende wünscht
die Waldameise

Debby Ray said...

What a most unique way to illustrate that quote...I love the photos. Weekend blessings, Susan!

Elizabeth Dianne said...

So clever and a great message!

Mary W said...

WOW - great thought and great picture!

diana said...

Beautiful, Susan. And a Lewis quote I didn't know! (Also? I own that same exact bird - and love it! Now I'll smile every time I look at him and think of you.)

Debbie said...

A wonderful message Susan, and such pretty images!!

Joan Elizabeth said...

The second image is just spectacular. A thought provoking quote too.

caryjo said...

You are so creative!! Artistic!! I'm so impressed and blessed. What a treat to watch you, see you do this God-job of yours so beautifully. Blessings...

Tracy said...

"We must be hatched or go bad.”...Ah, C.S. Lewis--such a wise man, and such a true phrase! We did finally have some sunshine this weekend--almost spring-like ;o) Happy Days, Susan ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Fun, creative, thoughtful post. xo

Anonymous said...

Lovely post - and I like your last photo - very pretty!
xo Catherine

Susan said...

You are amazing! Where do you find this stuff! I love it!