Sunday, March 9, 2014

Diversity ~




"The beginning of love is
 to let those we love
 be perfectly themselves, and
 not to twist them to fit our own image.
Otherwise we love only
 the reflection of ourselves we find in them."
Thomas Merton
* * *
the thorns
don't prevent us
from delighting in the roses
 

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful flowers and Callie is so cute investigating something new!

Maureen said...

Merton was wise and your words that follow his quote are perfect.

Kamana said...

what beauties!

Linda said...

How gorgeous! Love the flowers. Inspiring quote, too.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite quotes by one of my favorite writers. Beautiful photos to go with it!

Evelyn ~ Indigo Beach Art said...

I love roses and you've captured yours beautifully!

ju-north said...

Beautiful images and quotes

Tracy said...

Such wise observations--from Thomas Merton, yourself and sweet kitty too. ;o) I've been reading a lot of Thomas Merton these days, so very much enjoyed the food for thought from the quote. Happy Days ((HUGS))

MadSnapper n Beau said...

the red and yellow rose is amazing and love the rose sniffer and i can see the thorns don't stop the enjoyment....

Debbie said...

Amazing images and colors!! That's a pretty and unusual combination!!

Debby Ray said...

Oh...that's a great quote, Susan...I need to aleays remember that one. Lovely, lovely images to go with it!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful roses.

Susan Cowger said...

Lovely quotes. So hard to not make ourselves the center of every reflection. I also think the danger of thorns is part of the draw of roses. Something more than beauty to be careful of...

Lisa Gordon said...

What a beautiful quote, Susan, and so very true.

I just love the last photograph here. She/he is just beautiful, and I love the expression.

You have a great week!

Anonymous said...

beautiful flowers for a beautiful you

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers and great comment by you.

simply bev said...

Sweet kitty is enjoying the roses as much as you did, I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

Your photos are perfect - well you know I'm partial to the last one with sweet Callie. Cute!
xo Catherine

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers. I love the color of the flowers!!

Joan Elizabeth said...

That quote is a lesson I learnt eventually.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful image and I love the message here..

Hugs~

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

beautiful flowers...I really like the one with the pretty cat. Nice thought to live by also

Anonymous said...

Sweet kitty and lovely bouquet!

cristie said...

such good advice. xox

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh Susan.
you capture the life
in the living
so
so
well.
thank you,
Jennifer

Tammie Lee said...

so
very beautiful!

Kamana said...

beautiful. delicate.

caryjo said...

I LOVE the flowers!! Wow!! I sure miss having some. This was wonderful. Made me smile, big time!!

Mersad said...

Beautiful. Love the one with your cat!

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography