in one small
blossom
lies a potential
orchard
what small act of kindness
might you share with someone
that will bear fruit along the way
* * *
If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.
Emily Dickinson
* * *
this is the first year this
little apple tree has blossomed
it was planted nearly twenty years ago
32 comments:
Twenty years seemed like such a long time back then, didn't it? Now...
Aren't you glad you invested in the future?
That's such a pretty poem. I love your new header!
Happy weekend to you!
xo Catherine
Beautiful photo & words. Enjoy the weekend.
That's a long time to wait for flowers,but the wait is worth it. These are very pretty.
The blossom is very pretty and says something about waiting with hope.
Who cares about apples? The flowers are gorgeous, I love their deep intense color. And the Emily Dickinson quote.
Oh they are stunning. I love this time of year when all things bloom.
Yea, little apple tree!
Pretty blooms and Emily's poetry to boot!
Speaking tree...
"Kindness" is a good thing. I'll try.
Beautiful!
How wonderful! Just goes to show, that His timing isn't ours, but that doesn't mean He's not at work.
Love the Emily Dickinson and beautiful photos. :>)
the poem is perfect and I am emailing it to a friend. 20 years to be so beautiful... and it is really really beautiful...
I have a climbing hydrangea that took a dozen years before it began to bloom, and now a white lilac bush that has lived in a corner of the garden for an equal number of years and has yet to bloom. I'm not sure if it's God's timing or my gardening abilities, but I'm waiting upon the Lord, confident that one day there will be blossoms. Yours are beautiful... such a rich shade of pink! (And Emily's poem is what I strive for.)
Wonderful and so true!
Simply beautiful - both the photos and the post.
O how exciting. As you know I am always delighted when the garden surprises me like that. I too have been admiring your header but forgetting to comment on it.
I bet you were pretty excited to see your tree bloom. Your photos are gorgeous..
Hope you had a happy weekend.
Hugs~
Lovely apple blossoms, so happy to hear your tree has bloomed. Beautiful photos, have a happy day!
So lovely. What a glorious time of year to capture and treasure!
I love your blog. The photos are so beautiful and it is a very inspiring place to visit. :)
God knows what we need. This year, he thought, was the perfect year to show you the blossoms. Your blog is quietly beautiful and always a pleasure to visit. Your profile photo is new? I love it. A lovely face and a gentle and quiet spirit.
You were very patient. I'm glad the wait was worth it. Will there be eating apples?
How beautiful these are, Susan, and you have given me some hope for my wisteria. We have had it for more than 25 years, and it actually moved with us from Boston to NY 23 years ago. It has never bloomed. :-(
Lucille, they are supposed to be for eating. Not sure what kind they are.
Christine, yes the photo is new. Thank you.
you do this - daily acts of kindness that lead to beauty in our lives.
Wow, that's a long time. We had an apple tree in our yard years ago. The fruit was great for pies and cakes. I hope you are able to enjoy.
Wow, it took a long time but I would say it was worth it--just beautiful!
first blossom in 20 years....what a beautiful sign and wonder:)
hope and patience, friend.
an everyday miracle.
-Jennifer
WoW, like a pink miracle!!
Post a Comment