Sunday, June 2, 2013

Listening ~

 they sing
a lovely song




Baltimore Orioles
*  *  *
Listen
 to the silence,
let it enfold you,
like a piece of music,
like bird-watching
.”
Esther DeWaal

24 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your shots are beautiful! Wish I could hear one sing...

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I can't decide if i like his underside or his topside best. i love the way he is clinging to the chain in the first one. so pretty

IanH said...

Wished we had a few of those around here!

Susan said...

That's what I need is more silence. Just to listen to what's around me.
Lovely post!

Mrs. E said...

I have just been trying to attract the orioles...grape jelly. I am going to have to try your suet bar...?
Beautiful photos of gorgeous birds!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The Oriole has a beautiful song. I knew they like oranges and grape jelly,but have never seen them at the suet.

Anonymous said...

Lovely. I am so taken by birdsong every morning. This morning I was enraptured at the creation glorifying its Creator.
God is good!
Words fail.

Patricia said...

Stunning....and what a lovely quote.

I've never had an oriole visit Pollywog Creek. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos with me.

xox

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I'll have to google the song he sings!

Debbie said...

WoW, they are just gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

i have never heard silence...

Mary said...

Oh my, how beautiful they are. I grew up in Maryland and do not recall ever seeing them. I'm sure they were around...sometimes we have to open our eyes don't we...

Hope you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Such a yellow delight!
xo Catherine

Anita Johnson said...

I heard one sing for the first time while on a walk with my sister...beautiful AND talented!

Linda P said...

Pretty birds with a lovely name. Thank you for the Esther de Waal quote - I appreciate her writing.

Janis Van Keuren said...

Susan,
There's always such beauty found here. I'm so happy to come visit again and I hope to return often!!
The silence can be so soothing at times.
Blessings,
Janis

ju-north said...

What a delight to see this amazing bird!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Such awesome colors always bring a smile.

Joan Elizabeth said...

What a pretty bird. I saw a yellow robin in the tree today but was a bit too busy to go get my camera.

Lisa Gordon said...

They are such wonderful birds, and you have captured them so beautifully here, Susan!

Happy Monday to you!

SimplyDarlene said...

those birds sorta look like us as we dig at happiness, when all the while, His joy is on our wings.

great image captures, as usual, miss S!

blessings.

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh how wonderful....what genius to dream up a bird with feathers the color of a sunburst! thanks for sharing always the loveliness of your living and pointing to the maker of it all with a loving "look!".
i love that about you:)
-Jennifer

Unknown said...

So many wonderful photos. I just love the vibrant color of this little fella..

Hugs~

caryjo said...

How neat! Loved it!