Monday, February 11, 2013

Silence Fell ~


"Go to the winter woods:
 listen there, look, watch,
 and
 'the dead months'
 will give you a subtler secret
 than any you have yet found
 in the forest.”
Fiona Macleod
& * &
Fifteen inches of new snow
almost cover the
wheels leaning against
the tree trunks.
It's a wonder through the windows.

26 comments:

MadSnapper n Beau said...

glad you are safe in side snapping photos. i like the tree behind the icicles in the first one. so twisted and beautiful.

IanH said...

That is a lot of snow. Hopefully, someone will shovel you out!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your first picture is wonderful, it took me a moment to focus my eyes and see what was what. At first, I thought everything was from a distance and there was a gigantic icicle outside by the trees!!!

Anonymous said...

Incredible photos.

Anonymous said...

Oh! what lovely ice sickles you have!

Jennifer Richardson said...

it's all so strikingly beautiful
and i'm sooooooo grateful
that you have electricity
and are tucked inside safe
and warm.
keep well,
Jennifer

Susan said...

Oh Susan, I'm so behind. I love all your posts, with such wonderful messages!!!!

Mary said...

Just beautiful!

Kerri Farley said...

Oh how lovely!

Nancy said...

Silence definitely goes with these beautiful wintery scenes.....So much snow...please stay warm and comfy.....

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Ohhhh, that looks cold!

Debbie said...

I love the snow, you have captured it beautifully! That sure is a killer icicle!

Claudia said...

We are certainly making up for last year! We didn't get nearly as much here... 6 inches. Still looking forward to spring, hopes of it coming early are sketchy ;D

Sandy K. said...

I love the quiet of a new snow- the purity and freshness. Your photos are lovely - 15 inches! We were thrilled with our 9 inches. I say "were" as the rain is really doing a number on it! Thank you for your gentle words and images.

ju-north said...

Hope you are keeping safe. Our news had items on the huge snow fall in the US.

Tracy said...

Winter magic! We had a big dump of snow at the weekend here too. Be warm, keep safe, my friend :o) ((HUGS))

Justine said...

how beautiful it all looks, stay warm!

Dea Moore said...

The forest does hold secrets and winter reveals the subtleness of what is often beheld only by the eyes of creatures. Those naked trees look gorgeous in their winter white coats!

Sandra Heska King said...

Winter wonderland indeed. Life is hidden in these dead months.

Leslie said...

It's been so very long since I've seen snow, that this is almost hard to imagine! It's quite beautiful.

Connie Smiley said...

How very gorgeous!

Linda said...

It is a wonder Susan, a magical wonder. I can "hear" the silence in the beauty of those pictures.

Anonymous said...

The peace, the quiet, the chill, the beauty. Yes, winter holds secrets that speak to us in the silence.
Andie

Christine said...

Today the kids were whining, wanting winter to go away. But later huge fluffy snowflake begin to fall and they were so exquisite I called all the children to the window.

Don't wish this miracle away. Let God delight you in each season in its time. Not every snowflake is created equal. Some are to wow!

These photos are so beautiful to me...love me some snow!

caryjo said...

One reason I'm happy for you is the snow will help turn the drought away. We have a little, here and there, but not much. Neat to see the tree and the overall beauty.

Glad you're in and safe.

Maggie from Stillness at Cherith said...

Such beautiful winter photos =)