Thursday, February 28, 2013

Effort ~

 some things
are difficult
 to wrap yourself
around
 but hang in there
it is usually
worth the effort
and it may even
turn out to be fun
*  *  *
"How long should you try?
Until."
Jim Rohn


35 comments:

IanH said...

Very good sequence, and a great thought!

Susan said...

Oh boy do I have things I have a hard time wrapping around.

Anonymous said...

really good 'hang in there' photos.
looks like a pretty good seed holder, as it slows him down a little from eating all the birdseed.

Claudia said...

those crazy squirrels will stop at nothing!! pretty color coat :)

Joan Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful sequence of images!

Anonymous said...

Adorable photos. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Tracy said...

So sweet, and uplifting! :o) Happy Day, Susan ((HUGS))

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i truly am laughing out loud, giggling is more like it, this makes me HAPPY... absolutely adorable little bird seed thief. super shots for sure.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

They are so cute and determined to get the food:)

Reena said...

Great shots and they make my chuckle! These guys are the most creative and entertaining critters out there!

Unknown said...

This post has me smiling. Too cute.

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

So many lessons to learn from nature. I see the persistent squirrels around my feeders and it amazes me what contortionists they are. Maybe we need to learn from that....Sometimes we need to bend a bit, and the rewards will come.
Andie

The Kat said...

The visual effect of the squirrel portray the word, "effort" in a very effective way. I enjoyed each sequence of the acrobatic squirrel and feel the quote made sense of all the contortions to succeed.

Prairie Girl Studio said...

hee hee! too much fun ~ such awesome shots of this little chatterer who never ever gives up ~ persistence personified!
: )

elizabeth said...

Such a wonderful series of shots! Love it!

Breathtaking said...

They deserve top marks every time for their determination and agility. Wonderful series of captures, entertaining too!

rjerdee said...

Those crazy little squirrels--so determined!!! a rare squirrel...a red one? We're overrun with grey squirrels, haven't seen a red squirrel in years.

Linda P said...

What determination and it gets results!
Hope you're having a good weekend.

Linda said...

Nothing if not persistent! I could take a lesson from this little guy.
Have a blessed weekend Susan. Much love and prayer.

Gayle said...

Delightful! I am always amazed how the animals right outside of my window inspire me. Have a blessed and restful Sabbath.

Anonymous said...

I love these! I have enjoyed watching the squirrels here this winter. You have captured this one beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Persistent little guy huh? Cute!
xo Catherine

Nancy said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all of us were as determined in our "callings" as these little guys are? Maybe they are to be an example to us of determination...

They can be so pesky though.....

Lisa Gordon said...

What a great series of photographs this is, Susan.
He sure is working hard for that food!

Beth said...

You are so clever matching words to photos. Persistence does pay off in most cases.

Debbie said...

ooohhhhhh you did really well with this series!! Both the images and the commentary! What a pretty squirrel!

Randall said...

Wow, he's very acrobatic. We have tons of squirels in Alvin and I remember one day while in the car parked on the side of the road a squirel had fallen off a telephone wire and smacked the pavement. It stunned him for a little while and the scrammed lol.

~Randall

Anita Johnson said...

I know that they eat way too much of the birdseed, but I find them very entertaining! Great shots!

Glenda said...

Made me smile!!

cristie said...

Until. pretty much sums it up. love the photos. xox

Connie Smiley said...

How darling! Talk about finding the silver lining--a lesson from the squirrel. We don't see many red squirrels here, so they are special anyway, but your photos are priceless.

Marilyn Miller said...

Oh those squirrels are so diligent. They entertain outside my office window and I am amazed at their antics.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Susan, you must really enjoy your feeder. Oh, the antics that you get to observe!

Jennifer Richardson said...

what a persistent little guy:):)
....thanks for staying with it
and filming the hilarity:)
giggles,
Jennifer

caryjo said...

Was almost like hanging out and visiting. Love to watch them play like that... even thought they might not consider it playing, but going for the food, and stealing. Oh, well... different approaches to life.

Hope to see one again. Face-to-face [or window-to-face].