Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Provision ~

"If your heart is straight with God,
 then every creature will be to you
 a mirror of life and a book of holy doctrine.
 No creature is so little or so mean
 as not to show forth and represent
 the goodness of God."
Thomas A’Kempis
*  *  *

23 comments:

Patricia said...

Oh, I love this. From butterflies to bunnies, all creatures great and small....
thank you for sharing this beautiful quote... I've saved it! Pretty cute bunny too!

helen tilston said...

A powerful message, thank you

Helen xx

Debbie said...

What a beautiful message!

Anonymous said...

pretty bunny photo.

Claudia said...

oh so sweet :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love Thomas A'Kempis and have his book. I have never seen a bunny in the snow!

Rick said...

Indeed ! Let he who has eyes to see ...

Anonymous said...

Cute little rabbit! We have a few hopping through our yard almost every day. :)
xo Catherine

MadSnapper n Beau said...

that quote on the photo is so true, amen and amen, sweet little snow bunny

Susan said...

I so agree with both passages. It's so true.

Dea Moore said...

oh, to find the place of only giving thanks for what is right before me...no more, no less. Thank friend for stoking the depths so that we may live in the light. Each post a gift...

Cassandra Frear said...

Thomas A' Kempis had a lot of wisdom, and there were many hard things he wrote, mainly that we must die to ourselves in order to live fully for God.

That rabbit looks cold. Even thought he probably isn't!

Marilyn Miller said...

What a sweet bunny picture. They certainly portray the goodness of God.

Unknown said...

Such a cute little bunny. What a great photo. And a perfect quote to go along with it.

Wishing you a happy day!

Joan Elizabeth said...

I've never thought of rabbits hopping about in the snow. We have a rabbit hopping about on our bush block but I am rather worried that it will breed.

Linda P said...

I feel sorry for the rabbit in the snow.
Hope it manages to huddle up with its
family.

SimplyDarlene said...

we've been seeing lots of snowshoe hares this winter...

what a great image capture, miss susie!

blessings.

Anna said...

What a charming capture and I love the two quotes, Susan! Indeed, we can find God in all things and to appreciate them brings much joy.
Happy weekend to you:)

Lisa Gordon said...

A truly beautiful photograph, and I love the quote you've chosen for it.

cristie said...

these quotes really speak to me today. thank you. xox

Jennifer Richardson said...

so much to glean from this,
friend....thank you for serving
such a rich table:)
-Jennifer

caryjo said...

AMEN!! More and more hearts and turned to our Lord. More could be. Hope ours are also more and more, moment by moment.

cristie said...

a favorite quote. xox