i am a person who is rarely silent, but I do love the silence of the yard when the birds are singing. the sounds of the birds make everything else silent.
Oh, this verse settled inside as soon as I read it. We're so afraid of the quiet sometimes but this post is a lovely reminder that silence is precious and good.
Thank you---a nice calming reminder. I remember what Franklin Graham said when he was a little boy---sitting on the porch on their mountain---"I am just listening to a little bit of nothing"----I too need that everyday--and maybe it will give God a chance to whisper something in my ear.
What a beautiful combinations of words and image. Is that a sunflower that the bird is perched on? It hardly seems possible that it could be left there from the summer.
The irony of the Rumi quote overwhelms me, since I'm on my way to the Band Turkey Dinner--seven bands (6-12 grades) and turkey/dressing/noodles/green beans/cake. No silence today!
You practice silence much better than I do ... and glad the bird was bowing/doing it also. I'd be a gooood bird most of the time, unless I was "hawking" and aiming for all the others. Oh, well.
Silence... it is a great gift, and a good practice. I like this gentle, beautiful reminder, Susan. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS)) P.S. I'm hosting a Valentine Giveaway this week... stop by for the fun, if you get a chance.
My oldest son called it soaking, once, the being still and listening to God. I am learning that it is just as important to sit with God in the quiet, to soak up Him:)
39 comments:
Silence can be a good thing. Sometimes, we just have to hold our peace.
What a sweet and adorable Sunday post.
I just read, and had never realized before, that listen and silent use the same letters. Wow! Great photo and verse.
Sweet photo. Enjoy your Sunday.
So serene and beautiful ~ Wishing you a blessed Sunday!
i am a person who is rarely silent, but I do love the silence of the yard when the birds are singing. the sounds of the birds make everything else silent.
A very moving image and verse ...
Blessings!
Geneva
Oh, this verse settled inside as soon as I read it. We're so afraid of the quiet sometimes but this post is a lovely reminder that silence is precious and good.
Great verse. I think your little chickadee is almost easy to say'Amen'.
yes, an absolute yes to silence, solitude, stillness, and rest ...
Linda
Thank you---a nice calming reminder. I remember what Franklin Graham said when he was a little boy---sitting on the porch on their mountain---"I am just listening to a little bit of nothing"----I too need that everyday--and maybe it will give God a chance to whisper something in my ear.
I love this quote, Susan, and what a wonderful photograph this is.
"The happiest man is he who learns from nature the lesson of worship” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
What a beautiful combinations of words and image. Is that a sunflower that the bird is perched on? It hardly seems possible that it could be left there from the summer.
The irony of the Rumi quote overwhelms me, since I'm on my way to the Band Turkey Dinner--seven bands (6-12 grades) and turkey/dressing/noodles/green beans/cake. No silence today!
Yes, Valerie. I left a couple of the sunflower stalks for the birds to perch on by the bird feeder.
Love it! So serene and beautiful.
♥
My Dad used to say you don't learn anything by talking....I think of that so often....Perfect Sunday post....
a wonderful photohraph and quote for your praying chickadee!!
Silence isn't my strongest suit, but one I should learn to excel in. Thank you!
I love your kitty header photo! what a cutie pie. I just want to stare at her forever. excellent quote too. happy week to you Susan.
I really love Rumi poems and musings.
A lovely photo essay.
I'm just a little worried what your little grey kitten is doing with his paw!.....
shane
Silence is so hard sometimes. It does make you think, and sometimes it's the last thing I want to do. Love your post Susan!
You practice silence much better than I do ... and glad the bird was bowing/doing it also. I'd be a gooood bird most of the time, unless I was "hawking" and aiming for all the others. Oh, well.
You're loved.
I love the way you capture different poses with the little birds. Reverent silence is a special thing.
Silence... it is a great gift, and a good practice. I like this gentle, beautiful reminder, Susan. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS)) P.S. I'm hosting a Valentine Giveaway this week... stop by for the fun, if you get a chance.
Such a sweet little bird. And Silence is definitely something I need to work on...
Hugs~
Saw you were a winner over on Ginny's blog so I came over to congratulate you and check out your blog. Beautiful picture
My oldest son called it soaking, once, the being still and listening to God. I am learning that it is just as important to sit with God in the quiet, to soak up Him:)
thanks for reminding me to soak
and be still
in that place
where He loves togethering
with me:)
-Jennifer
Oh - this photo is soul quietening - thank you~~
Your new banner thrills my heart!!
I've been silent for several days now, thanks to laryngitis. Agony at first, now quite peaceful.
I need to remember this! pretty bird too
Silence is sometimes the best medicine. Sweet bird!
xo Catherine
Silence is splendid. I know they say it's golden but I like the s words to describe it.
Love Rumi quotes, he was a wise man.
Oh, my goodness. What a shot! And you chose such a fitting scripture. :)
Post a Comment