Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Gentle Covering ~

Advice is like snow;
 the softer it falls,
 the longer it dwells upon,
 and the deeper it sinks into the mind.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
*  *  *
Do not let any unwholesome talk
 come out of your mouths,
 but only what is helpful for
 building others up
 according to their needs,
 that it may benefit those who listen.
Ephesians 4:29
 

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo and verse.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the first quote. And also how artistically the snow has gently fallen on the birdhouse

Anonymous said...

It's funny how they call it a 'blanket of snow'!
xo Catherine

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Wow, I hope those little birds stay warm.

Patricia said...

Thank goodness we finally had sunshine to go with our snow today. I thought of you tonight as MSU played Minnesota. = )

caryjo said...

Made me smile. Chuckling is a good thing, doncha think??

Shane Pollard said...

Ooh that's a beautiful scene - where are the poor little birdies?
I love Coleridge and also quotes from the Bible - thank you Susan.

hugs
Shane ♥




Breathtaking said...

It's a pretty picture Susan, when the sun is shining snow looks so lovely.
Nice verse and quote.

Joan Elizabeth said...

There is so much good advice in the Bible which I don't seem to heed as well as I should.

What a delightful image to go with your thoughts today.

Gayle said...

Where you find these amazing quotes that fit so perfectly I don't know! Love this!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

if only we could all follow that verse, thing of the changes it would bring. that photo is cool, i like the shadows as much as the covering of snow.

Debbie said...

a clean blanket of untouched snow reminds me of the words you provided. words we should all live by!!

gorgeous!!

Lisa Gordon said...

Such a beautiful photograph, Susan, and I love the first quote.

Happy day to you!

Muffy's Marks said...

No truer words have ever been spoken!

Nancy said...

Oh if only we all took these words to heart what a better place this world would be....Beautiful snowy shot.....

Linda P said...

That snow is very deep! The drifts make interesting shadows. I hope the birds have somewhere else to perch. The quotes are, as always, thought-provoking.

Marilyn Miller said...

Lovely photo! The verse particularly is a good reminder. Thanks!

Kass said...

It's taken me so many years to learn to practice this kind of softness. I'm still working on it.

What Karen Sees said...

A wonderful quote, and lovely photo. I'm trying to find beauty in the winter snowscapes where I live, but it's getting hard to do!

Anonymous said...

Softly the loud peal dies,
In passing winds it drowns,
But breathes, like perfect joys,
Tender tones.

Frederick Tennyson

Tracy said...

The Coleridge leaves much food for thought. :o) Sweet image today, Susan... Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

rjerdee said...

Sweet drifts where you are :)

donna said...

Did you hear the awwwww that came out of my mouth when the kitty header photo appeared? You've outdone yourself with this photo.

I've never understood why some people say mean things to others or give unsolicited advice. It's so easy to be kind and makes a difference in so many lives.

Reena said...

love that blanket of snow and the first quote.

Steve Gravano said...

Excellent quotes for your photo.

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful quote for this photo. I love it.

Hugs~

Unknown said...

Very wise indeed. Words to keep close. Amazing photo!

Jennifer Richardson said...

brilliant snowy image
and such deep wisdom too
...altogether they make
a crisp picture
for my heart
and i thank you:)
-Jennifer

cristie said...

such wise advice. such pretty snow. xox