Friday, February 15, 2013

A Bit Of Advice ~

{Click to enlarge}
Never laugh at live dragons.
Tolkien
*  *  *
she was neither frightened nor hurt
just caught by the camera in
 the middle of a yawn and a stretch
*  *  *
a gentle reminder that things
 aren't always as
 they appear
*  *  *

31 comments:

Valerie Kamikubo said...

I can't believe how much her fur has grown. I have a photo of my cat, Eddie in the middle of a yawn too. It's rather terrifying.

Jennifer Richardson said...

thanks for the giggle:)
-Jennifer

Joan Elizabeth said...

Not at lie the gentle playful cat you normally show ... she looks quite terrifying.

Tracy said...

She has grown sooo much! Cats make for terrific photography subjects... Great moment captured, Susan :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Patricia said...

Too funny....and so true! What a fun capture.

Cindee Snider Re said...

That's awesome, Susan, and so true. Thing are often not what they seem at first glance. :)

MadSnapper n Beau said...

she looks like a dragon was chasing her. great shot.

HisFireFly said...

smiles...

Linda P said...

A great shot which made me smile. I do agree - things aren't always what they seem! Callie is a beauty with lovely long fur.

Sheila said...

This photo drew a big, big smile across my face this morning.

Thank you, sweet friend.

Anita Johnson said...

Smiling here in Wisconsin!

SimplyDarlene said...

looks like she's airborne & yowling 'bout something less than adorable...

great capture.

funny how we bring our own baggage to the interpretation of an image.

Blessings.

Nancy said...

What a great point you made "things aren't always as they appear".......Simon does this too and it's so funny.....I am so glad you are enjoying your kitty...

Muffy's Marks said...

Oh that's a funny picture!!! Made my day!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a good lesson! They do hunch way up when they stretch, the same as when they are scared.

Marilyn Miller said...

Your photo made me smile today. Thanks for the reminder.

Susan said...

I had to laugh! It is a great reminder. It's definitely something I have learned during the years.

Maureen said...

A great picture for story-telling.

Debbie said...

so true....we all need to remember that!!

cute picture!!

rjerdee said...

Funny! coulda fooled me!!!

Prairie Girl Studio said...

oh my goodness!! what a shot! i thought for sure something had spooked her ... hee hee ... clever you for taking this at the right moment and at the perfect moment! : )
i am sorry to be so tardy in getting back to you about the 'magical' font! it is called Copper Alt Caps Expert. i just googled it and it is available as a free download ~ remarkable!
mmm, i love your new header image, too ~ so pretty!
thanks always for visiting and commenting with such kindness ~
have a great weekend!
xxoo
pg

Prairie Girl Studio said...

** oops, i meant to say at the right 'angle'! for your photo!! great perspective!

Anonymous said...

Oh my stars! Hasn't she grown. What a beautiful kitty!
xo Catherine

Claudia said...

oh my word! what a great capture! So scary ;)

Dea Moore said...

Love this :)

Anonymous said...

It is seems to me that I am not going to recover from this sickness. But, hopefully things are not as they seem.

caryjo said...

Good thinking, good sharing... made me grin. DAVE smiled, too, when I showed it to him.

And, you obviously touched many with this, just glancing at some comments. I'm chuckling at this moment as just ready to send it.

Leslie said...

Thanks for the chuckle :)

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

So cute and a yawn caught on camera...neat to see that

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic capture! I love this!

cristie said...

no kidding. xox