Friday, January 11, 2013

Well-lit ~

 
Open your heart to all these blessings
 and let them flow through you,
 then everyone you meet on this day
 will be blessed by you,
 just by your eyes,
 by your smile,
 by your touch,
 just by your presence.
Brother David Steindl-Rast
*  *  * 
your smile
will bless someone's day
*  *  *
thank you
for blessing mine
with your presence here

25 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

and this post is a blessing to me.. and thanks for reminding me to share my smile and make someone feel better. it is so easy to forget this simple thing to do

Maureen said...

Bro. David always have such lovely words.

Vicky said...

I have that very votive and know the soft warm glow it gives off. Such great promise in those words...

And you sweet friend, offer so much, always, that it is truly an honor to be here with you~ love and blessings to you~

Shane Pollard said...

Thank you Susan for a beautiful reflection to start my day.

I'm in New Zealand on the other side of the world in the Southern Hemisphere - almost 8am on Saturday 12th.
It's Summer, hot and balmy and the temperature hardly dropped overnight - sleep was fitful.

After reading your quote and with God's help I will let my light shine today - thank you.

hugs
Shane ♥

Ruth Hiebert said...

A visit to your blog is like a moment of quiet in a hectic day. I feel a calmness here.Thanks.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post/photo/quote. Wishing you and Callie a most wonderful weekend.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I think we underestimate the power of smiling at someone.

Anonymous said...

We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own. ~Ben Sweetland

You are a sweet light.

Marilyn Miller said...

Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of Mildred's post today. A wonderful truth.

Unknown said...

Another wonderful post.

Hugs~

Dea Moore said...

Smiling as I pass through :)

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Blessings to you Susan!

Patrinas Pencil said...

As usual.... I love your header!

Your lite shines all over the world..thanks for brightening the corner where you are.

Patrina <")>><

Dolly @Soulstops said...

Happy Friday, Susan :)

What Karen Sees said...

Sometimes it's the simple things we can give that someone else needs the most.

Joan Elizabeth said...

Reminds me of my Mum who always encouraged me to smile because of the joy it gave people, especially older folk.

Linda P said...

My dear Mum used to say 'A smile costs nothing and it will bless someone' so thank you for this reminder, Susan. May you be blessed today as you bless us.

Louise Gallagher said...

through the blessing of coming here and finding you and your amazing arts, I smile.

Thank you.

Jennifer Richardson said...

isn't it wonderful
how simple
the flow of grace:)
thanks for all the love
you share,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

A smile always does the heart good!
xo Catherine

Lisa Gordon said...

Thank you, my friend.
Always such lovely words.
Have a wonderful weekend.

caryjo said...

I TRY to smile, to after being blessed to bless others. One of my goals in life. And, as you know, "light" is one of my favorite words in the Word.

cristie said...

You spread sunshine on this frigid day. xox