Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Smiling Softly ~

{a little click will enlarge}
"The beauty we love
is very silent
it smiles softly to itself
but never speaks."
Richard Le Gallienne
*  *  *

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty winter scene.

helen tilston said...

Beauty is silent, I do agree

Helen xx

joyce said...

Callie is growing quickly judging by your header photo!

Anonymous said...

clouds of snow
full and falling
silently

Muffy's Marks said...

Beautiful!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Lovely quote and soft photo!

ju-north said...

Beautiful! Feels like the snow is enfolding the onlooker! (Btw which font is that?!)

Joan Elizabeth said...

The muffled silence of snow is something I have only experienced on a few trips overseas but I remember well.

Lisa Gordon said...

Such a beautiful winter scene, Susan, and I absolutely LOVE your blog header.

Beth said...

This quote is completely right for the snow scenes I captured on film yesterday. Beautiful, serene silence---a nourishment of the soul. Wonderful capture of a snow moment.

Anonymous said...

A very beautiful winter scene!
xo Catherine

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I like this...I will remember it when I smile

Louise Gallagher said...

Smiling softly with you in the beauty you create.

Susan said...

wonderful, wonderful and so true!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

perfect capture of silent beauty..

Linda said...

A perfect image of silence. I will think of it when I am trying so hard to listen more than I speak.
Thank you Susan.

Debbie said...

Making me think, gentle, soothing thoughts! beautiful!l

Sandy K. said...

I would love to create the delicacy your images have - though at the same time they are strong in story telling. Thank you for peeking in on me from time to time - when I come here I always feel peaceful. A Blessed New Year to you and yours.

Unknown said...

So beautiful my friend.

Hugs~

Rick said...

How true ... as opposed to the clamor that daily surrounds us.

Lovely, Susan.

Tracy said...

Such gentle loveliness in word and image, Susan... quite breathtaking! :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Relyn Lawson said...

I can hardly wait till you have your own greeting card line. I know you will some day, if you choose to. You are THAT good!

Kerri Farley said...

~ Lovely ~

Anita Johnson said...

What a pretty quote. I had to read it twice to appreciate it's beauty. Happy New Year to you...

caryjo said...

Love the photo, of course. Recognize the general area. Miss it much...