Monday, December 31, 2012

The Journal ~

time comes softly
daily waiting to be opened
then disappears
perhaps with urgency
perhaps an ebbing
*  *  *
Everything changed
 the day she figured out
 there was exactly enough time
 for the important things in her life.
Brian Andreas
*  *  *
The years teach much the days never know.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
*  *  *
So teach us to number our days,
 that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
Psalm 90:12

32 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Happy New Year my friend!
Wishing you ALL the BEST for 2013!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those are beautiful! Happy New Year from all of us!

Gayle said...

What a lovely post. I love the quote on not rushing. I need that one, sigh...
Wishing you a wonderful New Year!

Ruth Hiebert said...

May your year ahead be filled with peace and joy.

Anonymous said...

It is always such a pleasure to visit your blog. We wish you many blessings in the new year.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Many New Year's blessings to you, Susan.

Linda said...

Such powerful, beautiful words Susan. Ones I want to treasure in my heart as I step into this new year.
Happy New Year! I am so grateful for your friendship.

Linda said...

Such powerful, beautiful words Susan. Ones I want to treasure in my heart as I step into this new year.
Happy New Year! I am so grateful for your friendship.

Susan said...

Words worth remembering. Beautiful post! Happy New Year!

Ginny Hartzler said...

You have found some very good quotes that I have never seen, and I have researched many. Of course the bible verse is perfect! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

It strikes me as odd that i think Ralph, Waldo and Emerson are all weird names, but that they sound good when they are put together.

ju-north said...

Happy New Year Susan! Keep on encouraging us!

Joan Elizabeth said...

Oh the joy of a New Year and a fresh new journal. I have got mine plus a new fountain pen to replace the leaky one.

I hope you have a wonderful year and a journal full of blessings.

Anonymous said...

happy 2013!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

beautiful words to welcome us into 2013. I do hope your year will find you blessed and in good health...

Leslie said...

good words, all.

Beth said...

Wonderful words of wisdom and a great photo idea to herald in the new year!

Steve Gravano said...

There's a lot of wisdom in those words, happy new year Susan!

Louise Gallagher said...

Happy New Year Susan. May your journal be filled with the beauty you see in everything.

Vicky said...

Happy New Year Susan! Such insightful words always and will walk away pondering them as usual...

Laura said...

I love seeing Brian Andreas next to Emerson. :) Happy New Year, my friend. You are a rich blessing to me.

Mari said...

I enjoyed each of these. Happy New Year!

Linda P said...

Looking forward to more of your beautiful posts in 2013.

Hazel said...

Truly wise,
truly apposite,
and truly beautiful
to eye and heart as usual.

New year Blessings. x

Anonymous said...

Wishing you Peace Health & Joy for 2013!
xo Catherine

Tracy said...

LOVELY to start the year with this, Susan! Wishing you & yours all LOVE, PEACE & JOY in 2013! ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

A blessed new year, Susan - thank you for this rich post - which I have copied into my folder for future fodder!
You are so often my inspiration -

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

God bless you in the coming you. You've been such a blessing in my life.

Jennifer Richardson said...

what beautiful treasures you bring us:)
thank you for these nourishing words
and for shining the light
that you are:)
-Jennifer

Unknown said...

Wishing you a Blessed and Happy New Year! Such a wonderful post my friend.

Hugs~

caryjo said...

Wisdom is a "good thing"... and I'm trying to focus in the right direction. Trying...

cristie said...

(sigh) i hope i don't regret the use of my time. xox