"Every year we celebrate
the holy season of Advent, O God.
Every year we pray those
beautiful prayers of longing and waiting,
and sing those lovely songs of hope and promise."
Karl Rahner
* * *
Sunday marks the beginning of the Advent Season.
Even though I was raised in a liturgical church
which observes the Advent season,
it is difficult for me to truly grasp
the concept of Advent,
the preparing for a Savior
who has already come.
I do understand the need to rid my heart
I do understand the need to rid my heart
of all those things
that keep the stable there too small,
too full to make room for all of Him.
The cares of the world
seem to take on crowd proportions at times,
and crowd control is not one of my strong suits,
especially when not feeling well.
For that reason, I will be taking a break this Advent season.
For that reason, I will be taking a break this Advent season.
A time to mend both spiritually and physically (nothing serious).
A time to celebrate the Christ Child that loves us
at our weakest moments
as well as at our best.
My heart and prayers will be with all of you
My heart and prayers will be with all of you
my hope that your hearts
will be touched with the wonder and magic
of His love and His coming
for you, for me,
for all.
I leave you with the words of the prophet, Isaiah
I leave you with the words of the prophet, Isaiah
knowing the Light will shine in the darkness.
The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
“Prepare the way of the Lord;
Make straight in the desert
A highway for our God.”
The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
“Prepare the way of the Lord;
Make straight in the desert
A highway for our God.”
Isaiah 40:3
[archived photo]

45 comments:
Yes, Light will shine in the darkness. My Godly Light is all I can truly count on... forever and ever.
Love the photo, the words, the sharing.
Love you.
Bless you, dear friend. I, too, am taking a blogging break. I absolutely love Callie's header picture. What a precious girl she is. Take care.
xoxoxo♥
Love to you, Susan. May the blessings of the season be with you always.
Susan my thoughts and prayers are with you. Don't let the cares of the world cast a shadow on the season. The darkness is always followed by the Light.
May we be filled anew with wonder at the gift that is given...
Grace, peace and love to you dear Susan!
Rest in Him and be blessed just as you bless us!
Thank you Susan for this lovely introduction to the season. Rest, revive and be blessed. We will look forward to your return.
We need breaks sometimes...this is a great time for the Advent season.
ps. your header picture is so cute
Dearest Susan,
Praying His peace and healing power will fill you - body, mind and spirit - during this precious season.
Much love to you and thanks for the beauty and gentle wisdom you so graciously give.
You will be missed- but I honor your need to recharge and spend time nurturing and healing. Love and blessings to you during this holiday season!!
enjoy your break and the season God's blessings on you and your family.
The liturgical season is a new one for me, well, 5 or so years new. But it is a season I love. Wishing you a restful holy season.
Wishing for you a true time of rest and renewal.Blessings.
I hope you find the peace of God and have a very meaningful and joyous Christmas!!!
Bless you, we will miss you dear Susan. Enjoy the Advent season, it will be over all too quickly....Love and blessings, Lori
"--the need to rid my heart of all those things that keep the stable there too small---" Love this--will never forget the words--even though I may fail--it is another stepping stone for me. Thank you--Nava
Rest, and take care.Will look forward to your return. God Bless:)
Dearest lady, it seems to me you understand the season of advent in your heart most perfectly.
May you be richly blessed in your interior preparations for His coming which is eternally present yet eternally new.
Much love and thanks for your giftedness, so lovingly shared.
I hope that you are filled and renewed by end of advent as we await His coming in glory <3
Wishing you a blessed Advent and Christmastime, Susan, with renewed strength for your body and soul.
Love and healing to you, in your time of rest. May the light of God fill all the shadowy places.
Beautiful! Celebrating advent in my heart too!
Blessings and grace to you Susan.
so beautiful a reminder.
I've just returned from a blog break and it truly was a necessary one. I return refreshed, renewed and eager for the Advent season. I don't struggle with it as you do...I let the church leaders lead me down the path and I retrieve what I can from it. Otherwise, it's a Book of Days, mini-celebrations, one day at a time.
I will miss your lovely post while you are on your break. Take care my friend..
Hugs~
Beautiful - refresh and renew - savor this special time of year. If you do get a chance, stop by and see my announcement - heralding in Advent in another way.
www.4pointsphotography.blogspot.com.
Peace to you and yours this holiday season.
I understand your beautiful heart
so well....I pray deep peace and rest
cover and keep you:)
-Jennifer
Enjoy your break. It's a great time to get away from routine and meditate on the true reason of Christmas.
i pray that advent season is richer and
deeper than ever before for you while
you set aside tis time to reflect and
prepare.
i pray that advent season is richer and
deeper than ever before for you while
you set aside tis time to reflect and
prepare.
LOVE & LIGHT to you & yours during the special time of year, Susan. I will be thinking of you. Lovely to catch up with you after returning from some travels and Thanksgiving break! Blessings to you & yours now and in the New Year. And wishing you well in body. :o) ((HUGS))
Beautiful ~ wishing you a very magical December!
xo Catherine
Wishing you a wonderful holiday season, Susan.
xo
Peace and blessings to you, friend.
Take care and have a good season of worship and Christmas.
Our church doesn't have liturgy, very simple Quaker church; so sometimes a little liturgy becomes quite special.
Enjoy the advent season and may you be spiritually and physically renewed.
"They that wait upon the Lord ..."
Seems that you are indeed prepping for the Holidays, well so i am!
Denver family counseling
Rest and enjoy this Advent season.
We'll be missing you, and praying that you'll get the rest you need.
"preparing for a savior that has already come"
Isn't that what makes it so beautiful, so miraculous? This song is for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYSJj-EHAAk
wow, mesmerised by those eyes on your glorious header
just stopping by to let a prayer settle over you
for extraordinary grace
to soak in the joy and peace
and comfort of this season
of light.
you're priceless
and missed.
-Jennifer
Dear Susan, you always have such wonderful posts. I hope you feel better soon!
Beautiful. I seem to be spinning my wheels this year, jumping from one thing to the next--tired and unfocused--preparing for others and not Him. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment