Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Simple State ~

Just to be
  is blessing.
 Just to live
is holy.
 Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel
*  *  *
 thankful
for the gift
of life

 
 

23 comments:

Dagmar said...

I hear you my friend. May God put many more of these days into our lives.
Love the little birdie.
Hugs Dagmar

Joan Elizabeth said...

Yes what a great gift it is.

Beth said...

As I struggle with getting everything done while battling the fibromyalgia, I need perspective. Thank you, friend. Beautiful and touching.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh YES YES YES - I couldn't agree more!
and wonderful pics to go with the quote!!

Tracy said...

These words strike my heart profoundly today... This also reminds me of the quote by the Zen master/teacher Suzuki Roshi “Just to be alive is enough.” :o) Happy Week, Susan ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

A very beautiful quote and photos. Wishing you and sweet Callie a very good Monday.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i love love that drooping sunflower and to get the sweet little bird sitting on it is an amazing feat.

Louise Gallagher said...

such beautiful gratitude you express through your eyes.

Unknown said...

I love your this.. Wonderful photos my friend.

Hugs~

Dea Moore said...

I am breathing in the holy--the gift of living. Bowing low in the sacredness that we often don't consider as we awake to cluttered, busy lives. Thank you for considering these things and sharing them. God uses you to lift up Beauty.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Such sweet pictures.

Vicky said...

What a beautiful scene this creates. Simple and meaningful all at once. Blessings on your week!

SimplyDarlene said...

and much too often, overlooked...

blessings.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. Lovely and wise words.

Anonymous said...

Your last photo ~ magical!
xo Catherine

Kass said...

Beautiful. Life is a blessing and a joy!

Emily Young said...

I love, love, love how fluffy that little sparrow is!

Susan said...

Wonderful. I'm thankful for your posts that are always so thought out.

Jennifer Richardson said...

yes...just to be is glorious.
-Jennifer

Anonymous said...

simple and beautiful

Valerie Sjodin said...

This is lovely, deep in its simplicity and beautiful! Thank you!

caryjo said...

Neat. Good mix. Good word-sharing.

cristie said...

a simple, sweet reminder. xox