Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Reflection ~

A wind has blown the rain away
 and blown the sky away
 and all the leaves away,
 and the trees stand.
 I think, I too, have known autumn too long.
  e.e.cummings
*  *  *
 the days
 are dreary now
the color blown
 away and dropped
the sky has
 forgotten all but gray
muted
the sun hides




41 comments:

Maureen said...

Beautiful words from e e cummings.

It's seem too early in the season to have dreary days; we are heading back into the 70s today; the night air's crisp, though, the constant harbinger.

SimplyDarlene said...

i like your words best, miss susie.

blessings.

ju-north said...

but the Son still shines!

Ruth Hiebert said...

There is still beauty all around as your picture clearly shows.

Debbie said...

It's still here, the beauty!! You just have to look a little harder to find it!!

Debbie said...

Your image and reflection are gorgeous!!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i enlarged this and it is even more startling the bigger it gets. i studied it but can't quite tell what it is that makes the lines. the reflections is just gorgeous

joyce said...

Fall is such a beautiful season, too bad its so short. Right now we still have yellow leaves on the trees and snow on the branches....looks kind different!

S. Etole said...

Sandra, the lines are the boards on the deck.

Anita Johnson said...

Dreary here too, but this photo was a great catch!

helen tilston said...

A perfect and accurate post of life here in Toronto today.

Helenxx

Linda said...

Those kinds of days make me a bit sad. What beautiful words Susan, and the picture is just wonderful.

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful words ....

Amazing Image!

Steve Gravano said...

Wow, great photo Susan, it almost looks like ice. Say it's not ice, please say it not ice.....

Marilyn Miller said...

Now I have a difficult time when the color is blown away. One nice thing in winter is our grass is green from the moisture. I must look at the good or I do get depressed. So far autumn is very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful. Your weather sounds like good snuggling weather for little Callie. You two have a nice week.

Muffy's Marks said...

Love the late fall reflections. Wonderful post, and great thoughts to ponder.

Anonymous said...

it's time to dig out my longs sleeved shirts and my socks. Actually, i think i'd better put socks on my shopping list.

i like the reflective photo and the words.

Anonymous said...

I like those reflections ~ cool! Dreary days make for good snoozing days. ;)
xo Catherine

Valerie Kamikubo said...

What an incredible photo! We're supposed to get back up into the 80s later this week. Summer seems to be hanging on here.

rjerdee said...

Oh, it does sound bleak...but the magic of the first snow will cure all that.

Tracy said...

Ah, yes, the melancholy days have arrived. It is the same here too. We've had so many gray and rainy days lately. And the bright leaves are falling fast. LOVELY image today, Susan :o) ((HUGS))

Hazel said...

So beautiful!

I love these moments of seeing the familiar in a new way. The ordinary that is art asking the question,
"Is anything ever ordinary?"

I love that you share it with us too! x

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

These words describe how I feel as the days are dreary here too

Karen said...

beauty to be found in all ~ enjoyed scrolling through your beautiful pictures and reading your heartfelt words. Hope you have enjoyed your time with your precious friend.

Vicky said...

I am in love with that photo! And those words could not be more appropriate for this grey season descending upon us. I'm steeling myself for what is to come...

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Stunningly beautiful and interesting. Lovely words too.

Dolly @Soulstops said...

hmm...thank you, Susan :)

*Dark Angel* said...

Nice poetry.."color blown away" I like it very much!

Unknown said...

Once again your words and you photo go perfectly together. The sun is still bright here in the desert. It's chilly in the evenings but still warm during the day. I just love this time of year. A break from those hot temps.

Hugs~

Linda P said...

An interesting image and description of late Autumn.

beth said...

wow....you truly made a wet deck look amazingly beautiful !

Susan said...

That photo is so awesome! I love the reflections in it!

Lisa Gordon said...

Susan, not only is this unusual, it is absolutely beautiful! Nicely done!

Susan Cowger said...

The coolest photo ever. Even when color flees beauty remains...

Jennifer Richardson said...

at first, there is something
restful
in the newly gray.
i'm not there yet
but when it comes
i enjoy for awhile.
a short while.
love and thanks to you
for the beauty you share,
Jennifer

Relyn Lawson said...

What an incredible reflection. Kind of catty-wampus. Where were you?

GretchenJoanna said...

I came over here from Thistle Cove Farm, and can't get away, I am so taken with your photos. I sent this one (the link) to my three daughters, it's so lovely.

GretchenJoanna said...

oops...it was actually from letterstoemily I wandered in. ;-)

caryjo said...

Neat! Took a few seconds to get the whole photo inserted properly. In an instant, it seemed that the reflection was through a window blind. But got it right. And it's really neat, as I already said. Good job.

cristie said...

i have had those same feelings Mr. Cummings. xox