I pass two adandoned houses on my way up the last hill into Barnesville every day from school. I continually wonder about them and hope some day to get Mike to go trampling around them for photos. (That way if I'm clumsy and stumble on the hillside, I will have someone nearby to rescue me or get help.);>) Our spring days also resemble fall at times. Yesterday was such a day and the animals and insects do act a bit confused. As are we humans. You would think after living all my life in southeastern Ohio, I'd get used to this fickle weather! Well, if I haven't by age 58, I doubt that I will!
Those old, abandoned houses always touch my heart somehow. I imagine the families that once lived there, filling the house with love and life. The pictures are wonderful Susan.
Funny how old houses trigger a remembrance to almost everyone. The grasses around this house are just lovely. Our weather is very unsettled today, expecting strong storms later..hopefully, no tornados. Carolyn
I do agree April weather can feel like November, but I think the turkey would much rather feel cold in April that hunted in November. I've seen a few wild turkeys around here, mostly along the highway, this past week. Terrific photos! I love the fourth house photo, the sky and the wind blown grass add to the haunted feel of the photo.
oh I love old worn down buildings like these, they just beg to be photographed (and for me photoshopped ;)... and I just saw a rafter (gobble?) of turkeys in a field the other day! I had to look twice to make sure, but they were turkeys!!
I love the whispers that echo through empty rooms, and I always wonder about the last people who lived there and left. What did they feel as they walked away for that last time?
....as if old run down houses are a sign of fall, yes,--well, literally they are (falling). Spring is endless here, like winter can't wake up and get some coffee in its system.
Oh, if only these sad houses could talk...these pictures certainly do carry the decline and wild nature of November in Minnesota. A sort of mourning for the passing season...
Old, neglected places like this, so sad to see, and one can't help but hear some ghosts... hopefully happy ones! ;o) We were taking a long walk during the weekend and remarking, too, that it seems very much like autumn out & about at the moment. The photos I took look like something I'd have taken back in Oct/Nov...and maybe did! haha... Happy Week, Susan ((HUGS))
what a wonderful old country home. so beautiful even in it's condition. i like the grass around it. I still have not found the time to try your instructions you sent me about the word behind the petal. thanks again
what a wonderful old country home. so beautiful even in it's condition. i like the grass around it. I still have not found the time to try your instructions you sent me about the word behind the petal. thanks again
Hi Susan, That house is a great find! I really like your fourth image - catches the old place in a grand perspective despite it's neglect. I know what you mean about spring. It snowed here yesterday:(
42 comments:
There are stories harbored in these old neglected houses. Nice turkey photo too.
I pass two adandoned houses on my way up the last hill into Barnesville every day from school.
I continually wonder about them and hope some day to get Mike to go trampling around them for photos. (That way if I'm clumsy and stumble on the hillside, I will have someone nearby to rescue me or get help.);>)
Our spring days also resemble fall at times. Yesterday was such a day and the animals and insects do act a bit confused. As are we humans. You would think after living all my life in southeastern Ohio, I'd get used to this fickle weather! Well, if I haven't by age 58, I doubt that I will!
Stunning, poignant photos, Susie.
Great quote there about a country house.:>)
Those old, abandoned houses always touch my heart somehow. I imagine the families that once lived there, filling the house with love and life. The pictures are wonderful Susan.
Lovely photos. I always wonder about the folks who once lived in such houses. Sad to see what was at one time a loving home fall into disrepair.
Funny how old houses trigger a remembrance to almost everyone.
The grasses around this house are just lovely.
Our weather is very unsettled today, expecting strong storms later..hopefully, no tornados.
Carolyn
Love old houses ! If only they could speak!
I was wondering lately did I sleep in and miss Summer? Then the temps rise and it rains, and I am so happy that the grass is slowly turning green.
I do agree April weather can feel like November, but I think the turkey would much rather feel cold in April that hunted in November. I've seen a few wild turkeys around here, mostly along the highway, this past week. Terrific photos! I love the fourth house photo, the sky and the wind blown grass add to the haunted feel of the photo.
A house with a story ... hopefully, there is laughter is those walls.
There is something both charming and sad about old houses.
It looks a bit like November here too.
i like the way the grass is swept to the side in the last shot.
i suppose a country house is one that gets visited once in a while. and a house in the country is lived-in year round.
If only walls could talk.
I'm fascinated with broken and abandoned houses and barns. Such hidden stories.
Oh, I love that old house ... and the turkey.
oh I love old worn down buildings like these, they just beg to be photographed (and for me photoshopped ;)... and I just saw a rafter (gobble?) of turkeys in a field the other day! I had to look twice to make sure, but they were turkeys!!
I love the whispers that echo through empty rooms, and I always wonder about the last people who lived there and left. What did they feel as they walked away for that last time?
Wonderful photos, Susan!
Carol
....as if old run down houses are a sign of fall, yes,--well, literally they are (falling). Spring is endless here, like winter can't wake up and get some coffee in its system.
Oh, if only these sad houses could talk...these pictures certainly do carry the decline and wild nature of November in Minnesota. A sort of mourning for the passing season...
Old, neglected places like this, so sad to see, and one can't help but hear some ghosts... hopefully happy ones! ;o) We were taking a long walk during the weekend and remarking, too, that it seems very much like autumn out & about at the moment. The photos I took look like something I'd have taken back in Oct/Nov...and maybe did! haha... Happy Week, Susan ((HUGS))
We are promised seasons, and though are senses may trick us spring is coming! Nice thoughts and photos!
Terrific shots! I hope it greens up soon so that turkey doesn't have to continue worrying! LOL!
xo Catherine
what a wonderful old country home. so beautiful even in it's condition. i like the grass around it. I still have not found the time to try your instructions you sent me about the word behind the petal. thanks again
what a wonderful old country home. so beautiful even in it's condition. i like the grass around it. I still have not found the time to try your instructions you sent me about the word behind the petal. thanks again
I wonder what stories that old country home could tell. Love these photos!!!!
hahaha, that turkey DOES look a bit worried! but the photos have a well-worn beauty...
So many stories blowing in those grasses around that home.
Love the turkey
bleak beauty
even if it's not
awash in blooms...and that
quote!
Wonderful:)
-Jennifer
Where is that one? Hope to take a drive or so while I'm up visiting. "Playing" is a good thing. :)
I like this old house...they speak of history. I wonder what kind of life they had when it was new
Joanne, it is on a back road between Leonard and Clearbrook.
That neglected old house has been elevated to a thing of beauty in your hands.
These are such cool shots. It really makes you wonder what happened in that old house!
I know just what you mean, but spring will come to you, too.
Age begets character and this place surely has character. Nice shots.
I hear what you mean about April & November - that's why we escape to the south.
I always want to stand quiet and hear the whispers from generations gone before...
Hi Susan,
That house is a great find! I really like your fourth image - catches the old place in a grand perspective despite it's neglect.
I know what you mean about spring. It snowed here yesterday:(
Thanks for making me smile (with that bit about the turkeys)!
I love these photos! Such character!
MAGICAL, SUSAN. Our minds-eyes see similar things--I just took some shots of old building too. Love your offering.
would that we could turn back the hands of time and see the family playing outside and mom hanging the wash to dry. xox
I love photographing abandoned houses and always have my eyes open to catch them when we are out and about. Ours are all one level dwellings.
ooohlala
u know how i feel about those houses
blessings.
Post a Comment