Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tarrying ~

the pentecostal tongues
 of spring appear
announcing
new beginnings
: : :
Nature talks in symbols;
 he who lacks imagination
 cannot understand her.
 Abraham Miller

36 comments:

Mary said...

Oh how I love this!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh this is lovely.Spring brings so much excitement with it.

Brandee Shafer said...

I love how you find the mystery and illuminate it, unravel it a little.

Susan Cowger said...

Pentecostal tongues of spring....wish I had written that. Lovely.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful header you have.

Ginny Hartzler said...

That plant does look a bit like pentecostal tongues!

Christine said...

Every time I click over here I can't believe the splendor of your header flower. I just love it. And nature!

Patricia said...

Love your words...
never thought of it that way before!

ju-north said...

Love this and your header!

Patricia said...

Oh....how my heart leaps with joy when I see your photos and hear your heart in this place. Thank you, beautiful Susan.

Steve Gravano said...

What a great quote! What an excellent photo to go with it!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

amazing, spring is on the way. i for one love natures symbols.

Unknown said...

I just love this!

joyce said...

I'm going to have to find out what exactly pentecostal tongues are, but those do look like tongues, though it never would have occured to me!

Louise Gallagher said...

"the pentecostal tongues
of spring appear
announcing
new beginnings"

How wonderful!

Vicky said...

Ahhh, lovely! My maples are so slow to bud out... but the neighbors trees have some green tips... soon, oh so soon :)

Valerie Kamikubo said...

This is beautiful! Aloe blossoms also remind me of tongues of fire when I see them.

Maureen said...

Wonderful image created by 'pentecostal tongues/of spring".

likeschocolate said...

So so pretty!

Mari said...

Beautiful picture and I love your poetic words!

Dea Moore said...

So true about nature and imagination. I am always seeing faces on tree trunks or profiles along the edges of branches. Why a face in a tree? Must I understand or just let it be...

Reena said...

Beautiful quote.

Nava said...

Pretty and something to think about-- :)

Mrs. E said...

Beautiful photo! Beautiful words.

Claudia said...

This is the "longest" spring in MN that I can remember. Don't we usually go from snow melt down to summer melt down? So enjoying the tiny leaves and colors :)

Beth said...

Wow---pentecostal tongues--delightful imagery/personification. It fits perfectly---spring does announce itself in so many different ways/languages.
Beautiful photo as always.

rjerdee said...

love the idea of pentecostal tongues for plant-life :)

Anonymous said...

It looks like spring is sprouting there! Fun!
xo Catherine

Susan said...

Oh how I enjoy your posts!

Sheila said...

Pentecostal tongues of spring.

Of course. Perfect.

Thank you.

Diana's list at Sarah's place reminded me to drop by, and I'm so glad I did.

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness! These glorious words, with that glorious image.

Nancy said...

Touches my heart...You do have a gift of putting words and pictures together.....

Happy Weekend sweet lady...

Rick said...

We'll soon be heading back up north in time to see some 'pentecostal tongues of spring' (a most lovely expression).

cristie said...

my eyes see more the more i look. thank you for this lovely photo sue. xox

Joan Elizabeth said...

I love the link of your thoughts/quotes and image here.

Janet Beckwith Macy said...

New beginnings. Thank God for new beginnings and second chances.

Spring is such a reminder of this

Janet