this reminded me
of the song
we used
to sing
as children
: : :
Lavender's blue dilly, dilly,
Lavender's green;
When I am king, dilly, dilly,
You shall be Queen.
Call up your men dilly, dilly,
Set them to work,
Some to the plough, dilly, dilly,
Some to the cart.
Some to make hay, dilly, dilly,
Some to thresh corn,
Whilst you and I, dilly, dilly,
Keep ourselves warm.
Lavender's green;
When I am king, dilly, dilly,
You shall be Queen.
Call up your men dilly, dilly,
Set them to work,
Some to the plough, dilly, dilly,
Some to the cart.
Some to make hay, dilly, dilly,
Some to thresh corn,
Whilst you and I, dilly, dilly,
Keep ourselves warm.

43 comments:
Mmm...so pretty!
xo Catherine
So soft and beautiful!!!! I remember this song well, they used to play it on the radio when I was growing up. Burl Ives did one of the first recordings of it, then later several people and groups re-did it.
I remember that song Susan. The picture is just stunning. The color is so lovely.
Praying you've had a rich, blessed Resurrection Day.
Pretty and fun!
happy easter!
I don't think I've ever heard it but it sounds very uplifting and for some reason, reminds me of Anne of Green Gables at a ball, maybe they played it in that scene.
I don't think I've ever heard it but it sounds very uplifting and for some reason, reminds me of Anne of Green Gables at a ball, maybe they played it in that scene.
Have never heard that song but your recent floral shots are wonderful !
Trust you also had a wonderful Easter.
oh, so pretty and love your new banner too! Hope you had a wonderful Resurrection Day :)
Oh my that's lovely! So soft and delicate. Love your new header, too!!
Yes we sang that song at school too.
So lovely, Susan. I love how you see. xox
Sweet song... and so is your new banner...that's a pink dahlia, yes? :o) Happy Day, Susan ((HUGS))
Beautiful Flower
I remember the song. That was long ago.
Love the flower, so pretty. Never hear that song.
I remember singing that song with my sister and thinking, "Lavender is purple, Dilly, Dilly." :) Thanks for the sweet memories.
i remember the song. your header is absolutely breathtaking. how did you get the words under the flower petal?
Your photos and thoughts always brighten my day!
I love the header. Reminds me of His splendor!
And I'll copy that poem for my kids. Thank you!
never heard the song, but wowzer, what an image!
blessings.
pretty pink.
and it makes a wonderful page heading.
So beautiful, you really have a classy blog! I love it!
Great image! Is this lavender? If so, I've never seen any like this over here
Oh my . . . what beauty!
Ju - I think it is some type of mum or dahlia. It is part of an assortment of flowers from the grocery store.
Sandra, I will email you the instructions.
I don't know that song,but I do know this is gorgeous picture.
What a nice, soft color. I'm not familiar with the song. Hope you are enjoying the week.
What a lovely blog...and post. Thank you for sharing.
What a sweet childhood song. I've never heard that one before.
The flower is stunning!
a dilly darling song
that dances around
this stunning pink beauty!
wowzer!
-Jennifer
this flower is so full... it captures the essence of childhood.
I knew the basic portion of this song, but some different lyrics. Hmm! Now my brain is swirling around to pull them in. Hope it's not my "all night hanging out thinking" time.
What a beautiful shot. I just love it. And the new look for you blog is wonderful.
~Linda
Fun ditty. Awesome photo--your header is incredible!
What a beautiful flower and your capture is amazing....Love that it's your header as well.....
love the flower AND the song ( my mother used to sing it to us :)
I remember that rhyme from a book... Lovely flower!
I don't know the song, but the flower is lovely!
That's lovely. Soft and beautiful.
i hear burl ives singing this...nice. xox
I love all the shades of pink and purple in that flower!
Love the song--really took me back. I have an unreasonable love of flowers and sunsets. Beauty put there for our comfort--never get tired of it. Quite the opposite, actually--as it is with true love ")
Post a Comment