Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"Signs" of Spring ~

the
are plentiful and deep
the shoulders
are
soft and sometimes
non-existent
 {click to enlarge}
but
it's all good
{Glory-of-the-Snow}
like this little plant
the glory spreads
as time
passes
and
all
will be well
just
more signs
of
new season



24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful flower, one that I left behind at our last garden. Thanks for sharing such an excellent picture.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Really cute little blue flowers, but what is a frost boil?

S. Etole said...

Ginny, if you click on the words, "frost boil" it will tell you.

SimplyDarlene said...

You're always teaching and showing and sharing...

Hugs of spring!

Blessings.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh those nasty frost boils.We had a school bus get stuck in one the other day.Yes,it is all part os spring and warmer days ahead.

Maureen said...

I must admit not knowing what frost boils were until I clicked the words. We have pot holes aplenty in D.C. (where one learns the status of the roads based on who's occupying the mayor's seat), but nothing to rival these.

Glenda said...

"all will be well" . . . comforting words to me as we try to "get back to normal"!

I'm trying to catch up reading blogs, and I can see that I've missed much beauty, and wisdom, and encouragement from your posts! I just read the previous six, and it's like turning the pages of a beautiful book!!

Jennifer Richardson said...

all is beautiful
and light
and sweet goodness
here...thank you.
-Jennifer

Steve Gravano said...

We don't get frost boils here, but we do get some pretty flowers. Nice post, it is inspiring.

Beth said...

I learned something new: that 'frost boil' was a real term and not 'an Emily Dickinson play on words' and that I would prefer our pot holes.
This was a clever show of all that spring is. I love the flowers. We don't have them or the frost boils here, but we have the road sides crumbling into nothing. There is one such situation on a hillside on my way to work. They actually had to put a traffic light in the 'middle of nowhere'! :)

cristie said...

frost boil is a whole new term for me and i found the explanation to be very interesting. also the front/back photo was pretty cool. this was a fun post. xox

Duane Scott said...

You should come to Iowa. We have the WORST frost boils.

Great pictures as always :)

ju-north said...

Signs of good things to come!

Anonymous said...

Such a creative way of learning new things i.e. 'frost boils' and 'glory-of-the-snow' (with beautiful photos as well)!
Thank you!

Tracy said...

That's how it is here too...slow, slow spring unfolds. Glory-of-the-Snow...what a beautiful name... I glory to see it here. :o) Happy Day, Susan ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Even pot holes in the road remind me of spring! ;)
xo Catherine

donna said...

I'll never look at Glory-of-the-Snow again without thinking of spreading the glory and the good.

This is my first time to hear the expression 'frost boils'....to me they'll always be pot holes.

Happy day to you. donna

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I really like the sign shot. i have a whole folder of signs. this one is really good, i like the way the bottom one is bent,

Louise Gallagher said...

You always give me so much to feast on.

Leslie said...

It's like you live in another world... "frost boils." Even in Illinois I never experienced that. As for the rest, there is always so much beneath your words... I look forward to the glory of a new season... where "frost boils" no longer threaten to mar the journey.

James Owens said...

I love the second picture, this mixture of perspectives.

chasity said...

i'd love to have some of those darling little flowers. they are so sweet!

Sandra Heska King said...

I know that sign. It's said in Michigan that we have two seasons--winter and road construction.

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

I've never heard of frost boils...what a pain they must be! Beautiful flower, though!