I think we all do. The big question to me is do I realize when I am doing it and do I want to do it different? You always cause me to think about issues in a deeper way...Thank you and I hope you have a wonderful weekend...
Ruth i have a big silly smile on my face, the squirrel is just to funny for words. beautiful little bird, love the colors in that shot, but the wanna be a bird squirrel is super
not just you !!!.....i understand what you asked and i believe that often we change enough to get our needs met....even when we think we aren't doing that....
I believe it is what we all struggle to unveil -- our authentic selves behind the pretenses we use to protect our fragile hearts.
And in that struggle -- we become all we're meant to be.
Beautiful post Susan.
Your photos and words always resonate with me as the 'real' you portrayed in... your photos and words. Beautiful. Thoughtful. Gentle. Kind. Caring. Intelligent. Whimsical. ...
A matter of survival perhaps, I pretend sometimes, and I get those inquisitive looks too. As always your words bring the best out of me by getting me to think deeper.
you are so so so rocking your camera, girl!! outstanding captures ... that little redpole makes my heart flutter ... love the light ... seriously beautiful work!! : ) xo pg
39 comments:
You always manage to take such great photos and pair them with the perfect words!
I love that little squirrel...
No, it's not just you, Susan! And thanks for gently leading us to take an honest look at ourselves...
There's a lot of pretending at my bird feeders, too!
That just made me giggle. You are so good at matching words and photos.twa
That is just absolutely purrfect!
the questions stand side by side with the sweet creatures .. I am thinking about it Susan
yep, those silly birds
are always trying to get
into
the squirrel feeders.
I think we all do. The big question to me is do I realize when I am doing it and do I want to do it different?
You always cause me to think about issues in a deeper way...Thank you and I hope you have a wonderful weekend...
Hugs and blessings
That bird takes on such a quizzical air. I've not seen on birds here the kind of banding about the head and breast that this one wears.
Have a great weekend.
Oh naughty little squirrel! But so cute! :)
xo Catherine
Happy weekend Susan.
We've seen a few of those squirrels pretending to be birds. Loved the photos!
How absolutley perfect!!!! I don't know how you think of these thoughts to go with the pictures. They really need to be published in a book.
ahem. no... definitely NOT just you. and that little bird sure looks like he's wondering, too...
such a familiar site at my place too. Sad but true - there's a bit of pretense in all of us.
Blessings
Patrina <")>><
Keep poking us!
So beautiful. I sometimes think that we do this as a matter of survival, just like that little squirrel. Thanks Susan.
Andie
Marvelous marriage of thought, pictures and words...bless you!
I like to think that I am real all the time,but I have to admit that I do fall into the pretending sometimes.I like the cute pictures.
A human failing, I fear. Not one I am proud of. One I'd like to eliminate from my life.
But.........
It isn't gone yet.
And maybe all of this is because, it works? If it never worked, wouldn't we have not bothered to hone it, a long time ago?
Ruth i have a big silly smile on my face, the squirrel is just to funny for words. beautiful little bird, love the colors in that shot, but the wanna be a bird squirrel is super
OOPS i know you are not Ruth, pardon me.... senior moment
not just you !!!.....i understand what you asked and i believe that often we change enough to get our needs met....even when we think we aren't doing that....
I believe it is what we all struggle to unveil -- our authentic selves behind the pretenses we use to protect our fragile hearts.
And in that struggle -- we become all we're meant to be.
Beautiful post Susan.
Your photos and words always resonate with me as the 'real' you portrayed in... your photos and words. Beautiful. Thoughtful. Gentle. Kind. Caring. Intelligent. Whimsical. ...
I'd love to know what that bird is thinking!
(I bet he wish he had a big stick... and a couple of hands)
blessings
A matter of survival perhaps, I pretend sometimes, and I get those inquisitive looks too.
As always your words bring the best out of me by getting me to think deeper.
oh, no , I think so .
Great photos; God will give us what we need just as we are!
SQUIRREL!!! I love it! :)
LOVE this post so much.
May I PULLLLEEEAAASSEEE use the photos? All credit will be given. :)
Yes, you may, Duane ... would you like me to email them to you?
Could you please?
I need your email address ... you have a no reply by your name.
duane2scott@gmail.com
Thanks so much!
Haha! Those squirrels just crack me up.
squirrels are so persistent aren't they.
i hope you're having a good weekend too.
I like pretending : )
Lovely shots!
So SO clever!!!
I'll remember these shots
next time I go squirrly
and do the same thing:):):)
-Jennifer
once again Sue, nice perspective. xox
Awesome images! I really try hard to be ME .... just me.
you are so so so rocking your camera, girl!!
outstanding captures ... that little redpole makes my heart flutter ... love the light ... seriously beautiful work!!
: )
xo
pg
Post a Comment