Monday, March 7, 2011

Improvisations ~

"Softly, in that room,
The little princess arose

And danced; 
 And as she danced
the old house gravely trembled

With its vague and delicious secret."
Conrad Aiken
from
Improvisations:
"Light and Snow"

40 comments:

Maureen said...

It's as though you set the petals to music. Delightful.

Laura said...

Exquisite Sue, truly you have captured the dance of this flower and her lovely petals.

Leslie said...

Are those the fading tulips? Your artistry astounds...

Ginny Hartzler said...

This quote really intrigues me, and now I must Google it. I did not think he was a children's writer. Georgous perspective on the pictures! I see the trembling has knocked the vase over.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

-happy sighhhh-

How beautiful.

How lovely, and soft, and very, very beautiful...

Merci...

dude said...

Thanks for adding some beauty to my world today!

Kelly Sauer said...

Oh, this is ever so sweet!

Louise Gallagher said...

I could see the dance and hear the music and feel the swell of the room sighing.

Beautiful!

spread your wings said...

how perfectly your photos go with these words.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I am running out of descriptive words for your post, so i will just say yeat again. Stunning

Laura said...

You always make me smile.

Unknown said...

WOW so very creative. Conrad Aiken's words so fitting. Beautiful photos.

Glenda said...

Your soft, still photos couldn't be more alive!!

Sandy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog
and your kind words of
encouragement. You have
a lovely blog too. Your
pictures and poetry are
beautiful.
Blessings,
Sandy

Kass said...

So soft and pretty.

Jennifer Richardson said...

you're amazing:)
-Jennifer

Nancy said...

Looks like Spring is dancing her way into our lives....slowly but beautifully......gorgeous photographs...

Hugs

Beth said...

I love the quote and your illustrations for it. It does seem like the flowers are swaying to a tune. That last picture is incredible. I would buy that one--it is so awesome!

Mommy Emily said...

oh wow.
these photos--

they threw me, breathless.

stunning, friend.

Anonymous said...

Peaceful, gentle, lovely.

~ linda

Anonymous said...

my eyes are dancing

Janis Van Keuren said...

The petals are dancing~and the photos are exquisite, as always.

I entered you in the drawing for Ann's book, "One Thousand Gifts." If you have a copy already, and you win, I'm sure you'll find just the right person to bless.

Janis

Joan Elizabeth said...

A flower is lovely even as it passes in the gentle fall of a petal.

Anonymous said...

Dance can go that....every time!
Andie

Anonymous said...

You are so very talented and creative. What a pleasure to visit early this a.m.

Thanks for your comment and yes, my voice is getting stronger...I think I'll make it!!! Moving is not for old folks!

Tracy said...

I am always dazzle by how marvelously you pair words with image, Susan...truly a weekly delight to be here. :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Sandra Heska King said...

And when we dance, I think the devil trembles.

Caroline said...

A poem of photos....just beautiful.

donna said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely. Have I ever told you that your photos are lovely? ha-ha

Sorry I've been away so long. I've missed you and your blog.

donna

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop back by and thank you for your comment on the purple coneflower post. You definitely should plant some seeds. The butterflies and birds just love them. It is so funny to see the goldfinch land on the slender stalks and watch the flower stem sway back and forth!

Steve Gravano said...

Great quote to go with your photos. I love the first one.

ELK said...

relish not only the falling blossoms but the crackle on the bottom of the dish....

Anonymous said...

ooh ooh ooh new header new header !!!

Anonymous said...

Dried petals always still look beautiful!

Kerri Farley said...

You have such a way with words and images. This is Wonderful!

nancy neva gagliano said...

described beautifully...this is why i love long stemmed tulips! they DANCE, swirl, bend, bow, dip, DANCE. thank you!

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

I feel the music in the photos...it makes me want to dance...I love this!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

I love old door knobs. All of the interior doors of our house have them. I love the angle and B&W in yours. It's very soft. Love it.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

So sorry ... the wrong window popped up ... I was writing to another about her beautiful door knob picture ... But I wanted to tell you how lovely your flower petal pictures were too. I love the softness and color. Excellent. Please forgive my writing on the wrong blog ... Have a good weekend. :D

Prairie Girl Studio said...

oh my goodness ...
absolutely and completely sensational
in every way ... i love how you see
and the words that compliment
what you see ...
i can feel the motion of dance ... fantastic!!
xo
pg