Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wisdom by Pooh ~

“When having
a
smackerel of something
with a friend,
don't eat so much
that you get stuck in the doorway
trying to get out.”
Winnie the Pooh

{click to enlarge}

when civility
falls
by
the wayside
it appears
there's
more
than one way
to
get
what 
you want
~ ~ ~
I'll confess
I'm easily amused
by
sights such as this
{a character flaw of sorts}
but
a person's gotta wonder about
the future of that sheep


29 comments:

Anonymous said...

best group photo i've seen in a long time!

Lucille said...

I've never see such an athletic sheep. And the goat on the top is pretty impressive too.

Anonymous said...

Do you think that there is chocolate hidden in that hay???
Andie

Sarah Knight said...

Oh dear! Animals are often unintentionally amusing, aren't they?
If nothing else, I'm sure his / her owner will eventually come along and free him / her ;)

Joan Elizabeth said...

What fun.

CDScott said...

Love the image and the perfect Pooh quote to match!

Mary said...

thank you for my morning laugh!
(i have a few of those character flaws as well) :)

Jennifer Richardson said...

So glad you were alive
and awake
to this.....
you capture so much joy
for us all:)
-Jennifer

Steve Gravano said...

Excellent find. I don't believe that's a character flaw.
That sheep is starting from the top!

Paul C said...

Lots of fun with the perfect quote.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

my first thought was not the future of the sheep but the fact there is a pig, a goat, a sheep and a calf all eating together out of one big BOWL. love the photo, what a wonderful caputre and i would love to have seen it for real. the sheep might be a politican HUMM?

Louise Gallagher said...

LOL -- this is not a character flaw!

It's curiosity and wonder and joy and compassion and empathy and pure hilarity all rolled up in one!

If this is a flaw -- let me have some too please!

Tracy said...

Such a fun, happy image and wonderings today, Susan. Let us be bold, like the sheep! ;o) haha... Happy Day ((HUGS))

MedaM said...

How fun and interesting photo! :-)

Anonymous said...

Haha ~ such a cute photo today ~ love it!

xo Catherine

Brian's Home Blog said...

That's is a great picture, looks like fun in the making!

Leslie said...

Oh I'm amused, too! And of course Winnie the Pooh's wisdom is always welcome. That sheep just makes me laugh!

Maureen said...

What a great pic! It gives new meaning to that phrase "feeding at the trough".

We had pet sheep many times while I was a kid. Our last one, called Sport, was incredibly intelligent and one of the best pets we ever had.

Glenda said...

You do manage to get some of the best shots ... and the quote couldn't be more perfect!

Thanks for the smile :-)

Nancy said...

I can just so identify with this little sheep...just like something I would do.......love it....

Thanks for checking in on me.....I have missed you....

Beverly said...

I love the goats! and I love Pooh too. Your blog is so pleasing to the eyes and your thoughts always right on.

SimplyDarlene said...

sheep, goats and a calf...too funny!

blessings.

Rick said...

Great capture Susan ! As for the future of the sheep ? I'm with Sandra - a politician in the making. on animal farm !

Someday we'll see a scene like that with a lion joining in.

James Owens said...

Amusing picture ... and excellent advice from the philosopher Pooh --- if only I had followed it more often in the past!

Hope said...

oh my.. laughing.. what a predicament..

cristie said...

i do wonder...i admit. xox

Beth said...

I'm routing for the little guy who managed his way onto the top of it!
Great pic--made me smile.

Kass said...

Just what I needed to see today.

ELK said...

you are such a gem..great combo with the photo and pooh quote!!