Friday, October 22, 2010

A Path ~


"If you can find a path with no obstacles,
it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
Frank Howard Clark
~ ~ ~
May you be blessed
with
insight
as you walk
through your days

 

36 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

How very, very true!

Mari said...

So true - and such a pretty scene!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Did you take this dreamy picture, what a good representation of the quote! I love this quote and have put it on our church prayer line in the past. It's one of my favorites. Hope you have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Some very wise words today ~ how beautiful that path is!

Happy weekend!
xo Catherine

Leslie said...

Thank you for this. Both photo and words...

Linda said...

This is absolutely perfect for me today Susan. I am longing for direction.

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

This photo is lovely. Is it a place around you? The words are uplifting...obstacles count for something. Love it!

ELK said...

a dreamy image with such truth!

Maureen said...

I can't say I've gone down many paths without running into an obstacle one or another kind. And only a very few have ever been dead-ends.

The image looks like a painting.

S. Etole said...

This path is a short distance from my garage ... close to where the little deer was the other day.

Dawning Inspiration said...

Thank you! And the same for you .....how gorgeous this is! So soft and lovely and serene!

Anonymous said...

A native of Pittsburgh, PA,

and "a former cowhand and trail guide,"

American screenwriter Frank Howard Clark

began his career writing scenarios for the long-running railroad series The Hazards of Helen (1914-1917).

Extremely busy in the 1920s, Clark churned out original stories and screenplays for action adventures and Westerns alike, often working with director/producer Clifford Elfelt and the young Ken Maynard.

Near the end of the decade, he found a home with poverty row company FBO, who even allowed him to both write and direct Tom Tyler's The Texas Tornado (1928).

A busy supplier of B-Westerns well into the sound era, Clark later wrote for Buck Jones, Tim McCoy, and Randolph Scott.

Beth said...

I never know what I'm going to see or learn in this blog world of ours. That is such a cool comment post by nancy! :)

This photo looks like it should be in one of James Fenimore Cooper's books. I mention him because my junior general English class is reading an excerpt from The Last of the Mohicans--part of Cooper's The Leatherstocking Tales.

There is much truth in that quote--puts a whole new perspective on obstacles, doesn't it?

kelvin s.m. said...

...indeed, very very true... a wonderful treat...

TC.

>kelvin

Joan Elizabeth said...

Looking at this path is could be one of the many I have walked in Australia, perhaps the dreaminess of the shot has makes the type of trees immaterial. Walking forest paths and the path of life is a pleasure because of the discoveries we make on the way. Thank your for your lovely photo and encouraging words this day.

Anonymous said...

I love that quote! So very true!

Dagmar said...

What a wonderful path that is. If only I could be there with you and have a nice quite chat.
Be blessed and well my friend.
Hugs Dagmar

Steve Gravano said...

Beautiful photo, very painterly. And it works well with the Frank Howard Clark quote. Hope you day is blessed as well.

Tracy said...

Many thanks for the blessing and beauty today, Susan. I am stepping into something new, so trying to be brave, and also a difficulty which has me puzzled currently, but trying to remain hopeful... Your post has lifted my spirits--Thank you! :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

thelmaz said...

What a lovely blog. I'll be back.

Thelma Z
www.widowsphere.blogspot.com

MadSnapper n Beau said...

thanks for a lovley walk in the woods without even leaving my desk.

Mrs. E said...

Then I'm pretty sure that my path is leading somewhere. Beautiful photo!

cristie said...

what an insightful quote...and always great photos to match. xox

dude said...

Amen, so powerful and true.

Jennifer Richardson said...

love this.
love you.
thanks so much,
Jennifer

Relyn Lawson said...

Now that is a fantastic quote. And picture!

Patrinas Pencil said...

both are beautiful - the path with no obstacles made me smile:)

chasity said...

this was very encouraging and inspirational....
thank you.

Louise Gallagher said...

And sometimes, that's the best path to take to simply be where ever I'm at.

Thanks for this today. It's lovely.

rjerdee said...

Thanks for the blessing...and back at you!

Vicky said...

Ahhh, pure truthfulness and a thought worth remembering as we move forward through our days.

Diane Walker said...

Gorgeous image, glorious thoughts

Anne Lang Bundy said...

I'm with Louise. I think that's the path for me ... one of these days, and not soon enough!

Sandra Heska King said...

May we be blessed with obstacles. :)

Rick said...

Good quote - I had to copy and share. Thanks P.S. I enjoyed your photography.

spread your wings said...

thanks for this blessing.
your photo gives me a sense of comfort.