Sunday, October 24, 2010

Light, Shadow and Mortality

{click to enlarge}

a
golden reminder
of
mortality
and
a new season to come


23 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Wow, that's beautiful and so thought provoking!

Paul C said...

The light seems to burst in the photograph with a delicate balance of shadow.

Leslie said...

"a golden reminder of mortality
and a new season to come."

I'm grateful for your eyes that see, your heart of hope, and your willingness to share them with us.

Beth said...

I love the mixture of light and dark---a lot like life.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh, my! You see things that other people just don't!

Anonymous said...

good day, my dear!
you are a sweetiepie :-)

ELK said...

and oh the shadows with it..nice

Mrs. E said...

Love this!

Linda said...

The picture is breathtaking Susan (I think you should do a tutorial!) and the words equally so. You have such a precious gift.

Anonymous said...

wonderfully seen and executed :)

cristie said...

gorgeous little berries magnified...and the color exquisite. golden reminder indeed. xox

Anne Lang Bundy said...

How I praise God that this world's not forever.

Dawning Inspiration said...

Amen to that!

Louise Gallagher said...

Wow!

this is stunning.

Dagmar said...

Hmm I'm not quite sore if I'm up for it...Dagmar

Tracy said...

The shadows here are wonderful... and as ever wise words to ponder... ;o) Happy Day, Susan ((HUGS))

MadSnapper n Beau said...

the photo is a little peace of heaven on earth. truly beautiful.

Unknown said...

I'm so grateful for this beauty you share.

Jennifer Richardson said...

The beauty
you create
just takes my breath away
(and then restores it back again,
refreshed and calm)
-Jennifer

Sandra Heska King said...

I love the way the light plays on this. Living on the edge of change.

Janis Van Keuren said...

Oh, you take the most beautiful photographs. Autumn's Edge is a perfect name for this one. And I am becoming more familiar with our mortality. Such a good reminder, though, that there is a new season to come.
Thank you, for your sweet thoughts about Chip. He's such a special rescue from the Humane Society. He won our hearts many years ago. He's got that unconditional love that I need to work on giving.

Blessings,
Janis

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

I enlarged this one to get a closer look at the shadows; such a gorgeous pattern.