Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Stored ~

is
treasure
meant to be stored


or
is it
meant to be used?
~ ~ ~
how do we guard
what
we value
without becoming
hoarders
of
time, wealth, possessions,
relationships?




23 comments:

cristie said...

i love the word...treasure.

i want to share, relish, savor, enjoy ... but, sometimes i have a secret stash and i don't know why. xox

Mari said...

I love that barn!

Patrinas Pencil said...

DEEP!.. very thot provoking.I love the way you think.

Ginny Hartzler said...

An interesting picture that kind of draws you in. What's in there is what I wonder. And a thought provoking question. I think we pray for discernment as to how to wisely use our possesions. Our gifts, we use!

Caroline said...

How not to hoard what we value you ask? Hold the memories in your heart...there is just sooo much room there ;)

Maureen said...

It's wonderful how you picked up the light and also show us the wonderful arrangements of the wood - vertical, at angles, in a diamond, horizontal, square...

Barns fascinate. We often take drives out in the country and come across big farms with abandoned barns. Just waiting.

Linda said...

That is something I spend time agonizing over. I know that stored treasure is not best, but it is sometimes difficult to know (or perhaps be obedient to) just where the Lord would have us place it.

Jeff Jordan said...

Great question...I guess it starts with placing value on the right things...things moths and rust can't destroy...loved the picture!

Janis Van Keuren said...

Such simple words but the depth of thought is powerful. How do I share the treasures the Lord has given me?
Beautiful thought and photo.

May your day be filled with His abundant blessings,

Janis

Dawning Inspiration said...

Incredible image - love it...

Tracy said...

Treasure of any king is meant to be used & enjoyed, I think We only have this one particular trip through life, so live it as best as possible is my philosophy. The heart can hold so much, but it needs to share too. I find it's a balance of what is enough, and then sharing the rest, not hoarding.Such great food for thought today, Susan! It's great to be back... I missed visiting here. :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Brian's Home Blog said...

I must say, I've not gotten the hang of hoarding, not with 4 sisters!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

hard for me to answer this one since i am the opposite of a hoarder, not sure what the word is for that. i throw away everything and keep nothing. i have only a very few of my grandmothers bowls and dishes and i use them all the time. I have a very old wooden bowl used for chopping and the thingy that I chop with and it is used over and over. my persoanlity is if i don't use it why have it so if i have it it gets used. the photo is stunning. i love old buildings and all things old. the window is so pretty.

caryjo said...

Good thinking. While I was cleaning my curio cabinet(s) yesterday -- and bookshelves and on and on -- I often wonder why I have so many items... especially considering that when we arrived back from Uganda 16 years ago, we had very, very little with us [except books, of course!!], we now have a full house again. BUT most of the books have a purpose and most of the curio items are gifts or souvenirs, not usually just "gee, saw it, loved it, bought it." Dave and I aren't hoarders, but we do have a lot of stuff and some of that stuff takes up a lot of our time... so... someday we go to heaven and other people get to divide it among them and we are FREE!!

dude said...

Just beautiful...fits the Scripture so well.

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21

Glenda said...

Love the weathered wood with the sun shining on it!

We do need balance in our lives so that we don't live in the extremes. That comes with spiritual maturity and obedience to God's direction, I think. And "keeping the main thing the main thing."

Relyn Lawson said...

I know I keep telling you, but you have SUCH a gift! I love your images and your words are always a perfect compliment to them.

I was stopping by to ask you "in person" if you would like to join my blog swap. I think it might be something you'd really enjoy. Of course I absolutely understand if you don't want to. Still... I'd be delighted to have you. Happy Friday! It's almost here. Oh, I forgot to say that sign up ends tomorrow night.

Jennifer Richardson said...

I've always thought of treasure
as meant to be
invested
...in things that increase it's
value and spread it's benefit.
Hmmmm....good question.
-Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I love this photo! :)

Sandra Heska King said...

And just what do I treasure most?

ELK said...

oh how i understand these questions..not the answers always..beautiful patina captured in that wood friend!

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

...meant to be shared, all of it. I like the textures in this photo...so amazing!

beth said...

such a great question.....