Sunday, September 19, 2010

Rural at Heart ~


I've
been away


looking
up


a lot


seeing


new sights


with my son


celebrating
the completion
of
numerous
medical tests


rejoicing


in being home
~ ~ ~
hope to visit you soon




37 comments:

caryjo said...

Loverly, of course. Not that I overall miss going there with you, but in some ways I DO miss those fun/ interesting/intense times we shared. [But so glad Jay is able to step up and be there for you and you can spend quality time with him.] Bless you, dear one. Glad you're home.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I've missed you! The tests were for you or your son? Hope they turned out well. I want to know where it is that has that fabulous bird and the women painted on the glass, how wonderful! The window with the painted women, it does look like inside a hospital. I would love to see more of it! But maybe my favorite is the building reflection. Hope yopu are doing O.K.!

Anonymous said...

a very handsome young man.
lovely curly hair.

i like the shot where i can see the older building's reflection in the windows of the newer one.
the two seem to compliment one another.

beautiful leaves too.

Love
♥n.

Linda said...

So lovely to have you back again Susan. Praying the results were all good.

Leslie said...

Ah, numerous medical tests, completed. Something to rejoice about, indeed. How you do excel at finding beauty in difficult situations. I've thought about you often, and I, too, rejoice that you are home. Hoping, praying, all is well with you.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Welcome back, we've been missing you too. Hope the tests work out OK.

Glenda said...

Your photos are wonderful! The fall foliage is beautiful and will be a welcome sight for us! Sometimes new scenery is refreshing, and I hope that was the case for you even though tests were involved. But isn't it good to get back home?! Hope all of the tests results are good!

Michelle DeRusha said...

Always wonderful to be home, isn't it? What city is that? Minneapolist? I am always so pathetic when it comes to recognizing cities.

S. Etole said...

The painted women are on the windows of a skywalk. I'm not sure which building the mosaic duck was in. It had been a city project and there were many ducks all differently painted or with mosaic pieces. The city is Rochester, Minnesota ... Mayo Clinic.

ELK said...

i hope you are well..i missed you your trip looks amazing..i am concerned ...

Vicky said...

Ahhh, nothing but the best of medical care, for the best of our blogging buddy. Beautiful photos and how good to have you here again with us.

Mari said...

Welcome back. You got some great shots! I really like the third one down. What a pretty building!

Anonymous said...

I thought it might be the Mayo Clinic. Beautiful photos.

I've moved my blog. The old one vanished...by the time I figured out what to do to get it back I had decided to move to TypePad.

The address is:

http://backporchmusings.typepad.com

Hope to see you there!

Glynn said...

And we're all glad you're home.

Dawning Inspiration said...

I've missed you too...I thought some of those pictures looked like they could be hospital related... so sorry. Hope your tests went well - praying for you! So glad your son was with you!

Steve Gravano said...

I missed you. Glad you're home. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Some beautiful photos in this post. You may be rural at heart, but you still have a way with photographing a city-scape.

cristie said...

of course...you've been missed. xox

Kass said...

Trips are great, but coming home is better. Glad you had a good time and encouraging news.

Anonymous said...

There is no better feeling then coming home is there. Warmth and love. The colors of the city look beautiful though and I'm glad you got to do some site seeing. I hope all is well with your medical tests.

Warm thoughts for you today!
xo Catherine

Unknown said...

welcome home,
gorgeous photos
looking up... love it. hope the test results come quickly and are all good good.

SimplyDarlene said...

I see you at the end of the table, miss. And I am passing you a big plate of love with a heaping side of prayers.

Blessings.

Tracy said...

Welcome home, Susan! So glad to have you back with us! Hoping very much all is well with you, that the test were not for something too serious. LOVE the big city views. I enjoy the city, but am small-town girl at heart, too. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

rjerdee said...

Glad you're back and that the medical news is good.

Dagmar said...

Okay missed out on lots here. Home from hospital? were you gone long?
Hope the test results were fine and positive my dearest.

Enjoy your time at home and do keep looking up...there so much beauty to find there.
May God be at your side every single step of the way.
Warm hugs Dagmar

Deidra said...

I'm glad that you're home and the tests are over. Those women on the windows take my breath away.

Mary said...

sounds like a wonderful time of celebration.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

the second photo of the reflection is maginificent!!!

Maureen said...

Blessings for the gift of your presence among us.

rachel awes said...

i hope all's ok
& love all those
women
in that glass hallway!
xo

Laura said...

I have missed you, Susan! this picture on your header is gorgeous, as are the photos of your trip. I hope the medical tests were for nothing serious, and I hope the results were good. I'll be praying accordingly.

And thank you for your sweet words over at the Wellspring. God is good. We will make it.

Love to you.

Mommy Emily said...

your photos take me away, i want to go, to see these sights, and i'm rejoicing with you! for health and home... welcome back, dear friend.

Duane Scott said...

I just love the second to last photo of the tree. Can I use it? It's just so... colorful happy.

gretchen g. said...

Welcome home seems like such a simple almost plain statement... but there really is a warmth and heartfelt undertone to it all.

So,welcome home...

MedaM said...

Great series of photos, indeed! I hope the test results are all good.

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

It's so good to visit your blog again and receive inspiration from your perspective on life situations. I hope all is well, dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Thought of you when things were quiet here, hope to hear all went well. Lovely shots of Rochester!

SiLa said...

Hi Susan! I just returned from my vacation and checking up with blogs... I am glade that you are back :)... beautiful photos.