But I thought Mac was not doing too well when it left? This is not good : (
I was just thinking about you today and missing your presence here and hoping you were well.
Your acorns look so much different than their southern cousins in Florida. We have Laurel Oaks and the "hats" are not fuzzy like this. These would make lovely little fairy dolls' heads.
Turn about is fair play, and now it's my turn for computer problems! But wait, your computer left in bad condition! Love the pictures, the leaaves are stupendous!
I've never seen an acorn like that either. I hope the folktale is wrong at least about this winter. We (at least those of us in Ohio) don't need a repeat of last winter. Am so glad you're back, but then confused and concerned as to how long we'll have you. Is there no one who can make Mac better?
Thanks for your understanding and compassionate comment on my recent "returning tide" post. I tried to reply via blogger e-mail, but I think it's a "no-reply" address, so you probably won't get it.
Acorns everywhere I look, plunking me on the head, driving the dogs to pounce and prance like kittens with a toy mouse! It should be a beauty of a winter! (THIS was a beauty of a post!) -Jennifer
I tried to leave one and the I-net crashed for a moment.... annoying??? YES!!
========= The basic comment: I hope nature's "rule" is way wrong, b/c I don't want to go through what we did last winter, either, and looking at my sidewalk makes me nervous. God is BIGGER... which is my hope.
23 comments:
But I thought Mac was not doing too well when it left? This is not good : (
I was just thinking about you today and missing your presence here and hoping you were well.
Your acorns look so much different than their southern cousins in Florida. We have Laurel Oaks and the "hats" are not fuzzy like this. These would make lovely little fairy dolls' heads.
does that mean the mac is working?
you did post...so i guess it is.
pretty acrons.
So sorry to here Mac did not come back to you healed....what are you going to do?
Love the photos but do hope the acrons are wrong about the upcoming winter.....
Have a blessed holiday
I do hope that the winter ahead is not too hard or cold.
Have a wonderful day.
Blessings,Ruth
Turn about is fair play, and now it's my turn for computer problems! But wait, your computer left in bad condition! Love the pictures, the leaaves are stupendous!
So glad you are back but sorry about Mac! My husband just commented this week that the oak tree in our front yard is loaded with acorns.
Love the pics!
I've never seen an acorn like that either. I hope the folktale is wrong at least about this winter. We (at least those of us in Ohio) don't need a repeat of last winter.
Am so glad you're back, but then confused and concerned as to how long we'll have you. Is there no one who can make Mac better?
Those folklore sayings often are close to correct. I heartily hope this one is wrong! lol
The mac is working, but not always working well ... they are going to try one more time to fix it
The appearance of these acorns change as they mature and they will look like a typical acorn.
I love the woolly hats. I have a Mac and am wondering what it might be storing up as trouble. I've always thought of them as infallible!
I don't think I've ever seen acorns with fringe.
I do hope the folklore is wrong. We had a miserable last winter.
Hope your MAC gets well soon.
the mighty mystical oak made me sigh outloud with pleasure. the colors are fantasic in the second photo
So... we don't have oaks in Alberta -- I'm hoping that means we won't have winter too :) hard or soft!
haha!
Like that's going to happen!
Lovely photos.
I'm sorry Mac is giving you such a hard time Susan!
It hasn't prevented you from posting your usual beautiful pictures and words. I'm so glad!
Thanks for your understanding and compassionate comment on my recent "returning tide" post. I tried to reply via blogger e-mail, but I think it's a "no-reply" address, so you probably won't get it.
Hoping your tides bring good gifts, today.
It's good to hear your voice Susan.
I love your woolly looking acorns, I would find them fascinating to draw.
Last year was a very strange year, very few acorns to be found but it does seem there are many young ones this year on our English oaks.
Hope that little acorn prophecy is wrong... I was planning on commuting this winter!
Oh my, I'm with you if that is true...nuts fur sure!
Acorns everywhere I look,
plunking me on the head,
driving the dogs to pounce
and prance like kittens
with a toy mouse!
It should be a beauty
of a winter!
(THIS was a beauty
of a post!)
-Jennifer
lovely acorns and leaves..a miracle actually ..not so with your mac..so sorry
Say it isn't so, say our winter will be gentle....Brrrr!!
Mac what is wrong?!
C'mon Mac don't go and get all PC on us :)
I tried to leave one and the I-net crashed for a moment.... annoying??? YES!!
=========
The basic comment: I hope nature's "rule" is way wrong, b/c I don't want to go through what we did last winter, either, and looking at my sidewalk makes me nervous. God is BIGGER... which is my hope.
Post a Comment